Source for tailgate window motor? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone has a good source for a replacement tailgate window motor? Its part number 85710-89102 based on the original that was in my truck. It went out a year ago and i replaced it with a Cardone remanufactured unit:

Amazon product ASIN B00180NFAS
The Cardone motor stopped working soon after i installed it. I found faulty exterior wiring and repaired it and its been working fine since then. But this weekend it stopped working again. Are there any other good options out there?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

So I take it options are limited…

What about repairing the original motor? Anyone know how you would go about diagnosing and fixing a simple electric motor?

Rockauto.com lists a CARDONE option for the rear window motor. Cardone remans seems to be hit or miss.

5% Discount Code: 5C1AF1F449C1AE
Expires: July 14, 2022

Cardone remans seems to be hit or miss.

That seems to be exactly what he encountered with the Cardone he put on it.

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone has a good source for a replacement tailgate window motor? Its part number 85710-89102 based on the original that was in my truck. It went out a year ago and i replaced it with a Cardone remanufactured unit:

Amazon product ASIN B00180NFAS
The Cardone motor stopped working soon after i installed it. I found faulty exterior wiring and repaired it and its been working fine since then. But this weekend it stopped working again. Are there any other good options out there?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

i would take a leap of faith and scoop up this ,

u may luck out and the motor brushes for example are the same or the part that failed on yours is here ?

no affiliation

but the asking $ is too irresistible to not see and well see what u can SKUNK WORKS here ? :)

both have 7 star drive gears !

1651443674953.png

1651443694362.png

That seems to be exactly what he encountered with the Cardone he put on it.
At least if I keep trying, I’ll get a “hit.”

I’ve gotten pretty good at swapping them out. Those ratcheting wrenches are worth their weight in gold.

So I take it options are limited…

What about repairing the original motor? Anyone know how you would go about diagnosing and fixing a simple motor?

Just landed in Mud searching for reliable part numbers. 👋
Like 3 years ago, I removed the rear window motor. It was beyond any repair. Rusted, gears stripped. Brushes is what I hoped all was wrong, but had to be replaced.
So I ended up putting a cheap one on. IIRC it was a listing for a similar year Camry. The price was a third of what Cardone wanted.
Lasted 4 months, warrantied it & upgraded to the best option for that listing.
It’s lasted a year more but started clunking. Lived with it, finally it’s totally inoperable.

I can get a reman by cardone about $110

What side, left or tight matches?

I saw recently that one of the door motors will work on the back window. You can get them at Rockauto.com for less than $45. I haven't tried it. I think you need to move the plug over, and some of the Rockauto motors are bare wire.

I've read that the 3rd gen motor works and is either still available or at least ten years younger from a model that didn't REQUIRE rolling it down to open the back door.

The motor from a third gen (85710-35090) has a reverse layout so it doesn’t look like it would work.

809CD208-A43F-49B6-9444-3CA0AFE87097.jpeg

my gut instinct says to explore this link , find the OEM parts maker of these aftermarket kits , and your badly needed rear window power motor 1st

generation 4runner RN66 Needs will produce itself as you push harder to my above suggested path ....

i have heard all sorts of this motor fits that door if flipped over or simply a different connector plug is swapped

i absolutely think that scenerio exists and has yet to be fully mapped out .....

- i have figured out there are different washer pump motor part numbers same pumps in the past

however ,

i only recently discovered some washer pumps are a heavy duty Varity / COLD SPEC. types , tough as nails ....

this random happening upon , made me think of a new inhouse brand i call SNOW VERSION ....

i think the 4runner rear window motor is most likley a HEAVY DUTY type denso japan design ,

and perhaps a , non-heavy duty same in kind different plug in say a corrolla side door is the way this will play out

the starting topic IS :

what door in a 4dr toyota sedan , is the UNICORN that will match up to the rear power window ?

2nd gen 4runners i believe this has been figured out or 3rd gen ones , use this as a guide book , and start there too

if the correct connector plugs are needed at one point if a sutible motor is found , have @pappy PM me , he knows about my electrical connectors , and i can help in this way make the icing on the cake happen

kindly
matt

happy holiday too :santa:

s-l1600.jpg

(  1.1) .1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom