SOR Jump Seat Bracket Install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone have pictures of installing the SOR jump seat bracket kit for early year FJ40 with a roll bar? I’m trying to do the install and they’re not much help at all.

Do you have two sizes of U shaped brackets? If so the larger two mount forward where the jump seat mounts at the top of the tub. Smaller ones at the back holes. Bolt the other end of the U to the jump seats. Larger in the front suppose to keep the side armrest over the wheel well. I have a set of these somewhere. My 68 used a different style when I purchased a roll bar from Man-A-Fre back in 1974. 68 has two anchors on each end. So used eight of the smaller U shape brackets. Believe the other set came with my 73 That had boxes of parts with it.

Maybe this?

Roll Bar Mounting Bracket.jpg

What year is your 40? Mine is a 73 with long jump seats and a roll bar with stand off brackets I can send you a picture if you want.
Mine is a 71 with the long jump seats. I recently acquired a SOR Sport bar as well, so trying to fit the two together. They don’t have any sort of instructions they ever put together though.

Looks like Specter Off Road sells four U shaped brackets the same size. When I bought my Smttybuilt roll bar can't remember if bought one or two kits. My 68 has two bolts at each anchor point. Need to drill holes on the top of the wheel well. The I shaped brackets being all the same size the arm rest will be off the wheel. Seen brackets or that and arm bent to put it back over the wheel well. This will also put the bumpers on the button past the wheel well.

I remember this kit came on a piece of cardboard that was vacuum sealed with plastic. No instructions were provided.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom