Something died in my 80 and its not the A/C (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've seen the post before and searched

found the a/c blower thread: nothing in there

looked everywhere and nothing

It F-ing stinks

going back at it

Not really tech but wanted someone to feel my pain

It "technically" stinks in your 80 so think your fine :lol:

What have you checked so far?

How extreme are you willing to go to find the odor?

Can you describe the smell? Do you have kids that ride in it? Are we talking musty-rotting leaves smell or dirty diaper smell or burning rubber smell or transmission fluid smell or burning oil smell?

Does it only stink when running?

If no...

Pull the seats out with the cruiser on the driveway and the seats in the garage? Does the garage start to stink and the cruiser smell better?

With the seats out is a good time to crawl around in it sniffing the carpet - can you localize the odor?

Reminds me of the Myth Busters stinky car episode... There are some stinks that just don't come out.

Smell is that of a lovely 2-3 day old scallop. That is to say it has certain fishing tendencies

removed entire contents of cargo area, glove box, did the blower removal and sniffed the stew out of everything

really seems to be coming from the a-pillars/headliner/dash/door/every freaking where

I have thought of the prank aspect, would not put it past a friend but don't think so

I find it you'll know

Thinking about getting the 60 ready for an in pending date

Did it just show up? Do you have a drain problem that's causing mildew.

really seems to be coming from the a-pillars/headliner/dash/door/every freaking where

Check your sun roof drains and the quarter panel drain plugs.

The sunroof drains into the front quarter panels. Those have slots in the pinch weld to drain out. If it's blocked, it can back up...

There are also drains in the rear slider windows.

Dead fish is a pretty distinct odor. You can get it from fish, snake or amphibians. Is there any chance that a snake crawled in and died? Do you have kids who may have left a frog or toad in it? You might find a decaying animal in it yet.

found it

It turns out to be my cheapo steering wheel cover

It had a real strong rubber smell when i bought it but after threeish weeks it stinks something bad

Steering wheel has some serious funk on it but after clean smell seems to be disappearing

Wow... I would have never thought of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom