(SOLVED) Gear and Speed Sync Issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Had no power issues up to this point, but started the rig and headed out this morning in the snow. Accelerating and running through the gears but noticed my rpm isn't matching with my speed for the associated gear. By 80 km/h I should be shifting to 5th and running about 2500rpm. I couldn't get passed 60 without blowing 3000 in 5th. At first I thought maybe my wheels were spinning and couldn't get the speed for the gear I was in due to the fresh white stuff. But that wasn't it. And downshifting, dropping into 2nd was like putting the brakes on. Never experienced anything like this. Would this be a transx or a power(engine) issue?
'86 HJ60 w12HT swap and H55
TIA for any advice.
-Chris

Transfer case is in low range

Happened to a new landcruiser enthusiast here in BC, drove all the way down to California and back in low range somehow! Without even getting shot for going so slow or blowing the transfer case gears out!

Transfer case is in low range

Happened to a new landcruiser enthusiast here in BC, drove all the way down to California and back in low range somehow! Without even getting shot for going so slow or blowing the transfer case gears out!
Oh s*** thanks Steve. That's exactly what it is. I remember moving it to low range when I was installing my cabin heater bracket. Boom. Back in business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom