Solutions for better reverse lighting? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

incan bulbs can be inserted without regard to POS/NEG terminals. LEDs, if they dont work when you insert them into the socket, flip them 180* and they will light. If they still dont light, make sure the metal contacts are touching the contacts inside the socket. SIMPO

Strange neither works - and I did look when I plugged them in if they were directional - didn't look like it. I guess I need to check if my previous bulbs were working - maybe I have another problem.

If neither of them work, call them directly and let them know.

One of the bulbs I got from them didn't work. I sent it back and they sent me a new one.

mine arrived in Australia, all good, and as i mentioned to anthonycds they are soooo bright, i no longer hit the branches of some trees reversing in my driveway (as we call that here....not sure of the USA equiv.).

But i hit the branches a few times whilst admiring my new LEDs...coz well...i wasnt used to the solar flare that is these LEDs.
yes they are THAT good.

No i dont work for them, i DID buy a Cree LED torch sold over here in Oz ($32 on eBay) but saw in a local magazine the Chinese company, Kinchrome, (yes Kinchrome is Chinese vs SidChrome which is Australian) anyway, Kinchrome had the same torch in a 4WD magazine for $29 plus batteries....

it's all in the advertising i guess
pm if you need info
have a great Easter break
cheers
peter

They work now - I apparently didn't have them pressed in all the way. The fit is a little loose - hope they don't work there way out. I actually think I had this same problem with the standard bulbs because I recall at times they too didn't work, yet the bulbs were fine.

FWIW Rob, mine fit quite snug.

I just installed mine and it is a nice/easy upgrade. I just wish the backup camera wasn't so grainy at night.

well i've had mine now for quite a few weeks and i havent even touched the shrubs that line my driveway, unless of course i am admiring the massive lights behind me! Again, thanks for putting me onto these, f;ing awesome product...i had to use their ebay website to get them here, not the direct website.
cheers
peter

EDIT: now that us down in Victoria, Australia are moving into Winter.....and me being up at 5:30am....yes....yes yes....buy them!!!!!

Just installed my new lights I picked up from O'Riley for 25 bucks. Turned out pretty nice. Perfect for my back up camera and for hooking up trailers at night. Going to black out the tops though to reduce the glare they put on my camera. The current mount on my bumper is temporary. Didn't have my bit with me to screw into my hitch to place them on something more sturdy, but I still like the way they came out.
The wiring that came with the kit to go from the battery to the switch was not nearly sufficient, so I just added in my own. I like the ability to switch my lights on and off anytime and not have to be in reverse. Comes in handy when I'm loading up the flat bed at the farm. I also really like my switch location and am going to move my KC's switch there soon too.
IMAG0298.jpg
IMAG0299.jpg
IMAG0311.jpg

Old Thread,

I have some 7w LED bulbs instead of the OEM reverse lights. But with the addition of my BIOR bumper, parallel parking at night is a little trickier. I'm thinking of mounting this 20w LED flood light as an aux reverse light on the tire carrier. Any reason, to mount reverse lights down low where they'll get hit offroad?

IMG_7634.JPG

IMG_0611.jpg
IMG_0589.jpg
Where you have it should work just fine, might want to angle it down a bit. You probably won't be able to use a trasharoo. One reason to keep it mounted lower is that you can turn it on at night while driving if you want to illuminate a hitch connection area and look on the backup cam.

Here's where I mounted my backup light. It is a halogen and is slightly blocked by the spare tire, but is great for backing up and having enough light to setup camp in the dark.

Last edited:
The P Fran LEDs don't do a whole lot of good in my opinion. They are super bright which makes you easily visible for others to see you backing up, but does nothing to illuminate the area behind you.

the Pfrans provide good visibility in a very dark area. But on city streets where I need to see the car behind me, the don't help much. They also see rather spot beamed.

This is going to be a dumb question, but @fireball, where did you find the jacketed wires? I can't seem to find a positive and negative wire inside a black jacket anywhere.

the Pfrans provide good visibility in a very dark area. But on city streets where I need to see the car behind me, the don't help much. They also see rather spot beamed.
Ok I'll agree with that, and yes they're very spotlightish IMO as well. I guess where I notice them most is in my dark side yard, even when the flood lights come on in the yard my pfran reverse bulbs shine right through with white light.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom