Solar Shower Capacity recommendation for 1 (maybe 2 people) for a week? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spike Strip

Goblin Mode Activated
SILVER Star
Threads
Looking at Alum tube solar showers and capacities range from 4 gal to 11 gal or more ...

I realize needs will vary greatly depending on people and level of comfort (discomfort), but just wondering what those of you with solar showers find is a good capacity tank without have to refill too many times in a trip.

I was looking at the 5 or 6.5 gal for a few days camping, week at the most. My thoughts were to get the smaller 5 gal and just carry extra water in a 5 L can, to keep weight off the roof or where-ever the tank ends up.

Prolly go on my FJ60

Cheers!

I have the Yakima one & love it. 4 gallon. I use it a lot for after surfing showers. I got the smaller one because I leave it on all the time. I mainly use mine as a quick rinse off, if you want to do multiple full showers you may want to go with a larger size. Comes with some nice locks as well to keep it from being stolen. You can make one out of PVC but I don't think they will get as hot. One note though is you may hear water sloshing around inside the the thing from your cab depending on how full you keep the thing. It's pretty funny. I thought of my 200 as a big boat before....now it actually sounds like one.

Yeah, that's why I'll probably get a smaller one. I've been looking at the Yakima and it seems well-made. A couple of quick-showers for a week or long weekend is all I would need...

Thanks for the input.

Last trip to DV I could easily take 3 showers with a 15litre bag (not full to start with). Wet down, shampoo hair (that DV silt/dust....), soap all the nether regions and then rinse off. I like the solar bags since you can take them to where the water is to fill them and I just lay it on the hood of the 80 when camped and have easy access to rinse off water etc.

Vids and pics at different spots during my 2 week trip.

galena.jpg

I can fill the bag when water is not directly accessible with a 12V pump. Video of pump in action.

Not quite the fancy setup, but works fine for my use. Just another option.

cheers,
george.

I don't know if you already saw this one @Spike Strip.

I don't know if you already saw this one @Spike Strip.

That's the one I have. They are now made by Yakima.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom