Solar control wiring question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RFB

97 FZJ80 LIFTED SC DUAL BATTERIES,37s
Threads
Website
www.youtube.com
Inkedwits end insert wiring_LI.jpg
Heres what Im asking from my house battery I have 2 1 guage lines running from under the hood to the rear quarter panel mount from witsend these go to 2 seperate blue sea lugs from there they go to invertor, they power ARB twin compressor these 1 guage lines(the positive) are on a 100 amp breaker(trippable) can I run juice from solar control to these lugs? even tho from solar control it will only be 12guage wire but it should still flow correct?

I think the solar controller needs to be wired directly to the battery.

I don't think what you are proposing is safe wiring.

But wait for someone more experienced with auto electrics to pass judgement. :D

Good luck!

Reactions: RFB
thats what I thougth but Im not positive no pun intended

Last edited:
View attachment 1823881 Heres what Im asking from my house battery I have 2 1 guage lines running from under the hood to the rear quarter panel mount from witsend these go to 2 seperate blue sea lugs from there they go to invertor, they power ARB twin compressor these 1 guage lines(the positive) are on a 100 amp breaker(trippable) can I run juice from solar control to these lugs? even tho from solar control it will only be 12guage wire but it should still flow correct?

You might want to consider the KISAE DMT1230 Abso 30A DC-DC Battery Charger. You can charge off your alternator (acts as a Battery Isolator) as well as charge from Solar (acts as a mppt charge controller ).

@RFB I'm wondering if the quarter panel will enclose that area and if heat will be a problem. I imagine the compressor will get hot, as will the inverter and charge controller.
ive been running a twin ARB tucked down low ad a 1000 watt PSW inverotr on month long trips on road thru deserts frest moutnains not a prob as of yet gopwer invertor

The Circuit breaker should be replaced with a fuse in case of a dead short. I would run the solar panel direct to the controller then to battery. The way I’m set up is I have Anderson plugs running straight to the battery for power out connections around my van these are also power in conections for my 200 watt free standing panels etc used on cloudy days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom