SOLD SoCal: NOS Fairey disc brake locking hubs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

65swb45

Elder Statesman
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.marksoffroad.net
In the truest sense of the word, these are NOS. They have been on my shelf for 30 years! I had quite frankly forgotten about them until I saw a post from @Drake2 this morning about a different hub.

They were advertised as fitting both the long-body 76-78 birfields as well as the 79-90. The full-head operation makes them easier to operate than an ASCO hub, and the internal design does not have the same weak cage as a Selectro.

$220 shipped insured via USPS in the continental US.. $7 extra for PP.

489D326A-E03B-483D-B732-143E80FCBC20.jpeg

9FDC326F-493C-465C-9484-2FEB5C47F1AB.jpeg

Thanks Mark, I will give you a a call this afternoon as there is something else I need as well

When you get them could send a copy of the install instructions? Have not looked that hard but not sure how to remove these.

Always figure to use them on my 73 with a Fairly OD. The Fairy OD will not work in my 79 because of fuel tank.
IMG_20190822_190416165.jpg

When you get them could send a copy of the install instructions? Have not looked that hard but not sure how to remove these.

Always figure to use them on my 73 with a Fairly OD. The Fairy OD will not work in my 79 because of fuel tank.
View attachment 3230872
Yes of course...no problem

View attachment 3230872
Hi John, I bought the hubs from Mark and will make a copy of the info for you....in the meantime this may be of interest to you. I found this video of the Fairey units on one of those brittttish buckets and am thinking some of the guts may be similar. I know @65swb45 mentioned in another post from 2006 something about the "zip tie" looking device.

1674938589234.png

Only part that is of interest is how the cap locks on. I do not remember seeing a screw in the cap. The video skimmed over the nylon strip install and the can on that. Would be interested in the kit. Wouldn't surprise me if the rover and cruiser use the same kit. Also need to investigate rock oil. Never hear that before.

Neat hubs and a great score @Drake2

If anyone runs across a single, I could use one for my hub table.

If Kurt wants to buy one I may be in for the other, depending on price. Got some pics?
There are a couple pictures. $40 a piece shipped.

Feel free to pm.

KevO

20230201_111958.jpg
20230201_112021.jpg

I will split em up $40 shipped.
Hi Kev, Paypal F&F sent for one of them. Give Kurt @cruiseroutfit the better one for his display (if one is better than the other) ;)

I will PM with my shipping address.
Thanks
Drake

Is that plastic in there? If so, is that typical of other hubs?

Is that plastic in there? If so, is that typical of other hubs?

The plastic is not common in most others Land Cruiser applications.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom