SOA today

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by Gumby, Jan 19, 2004.

1. Gumby

Gumby Supamod Staff Member s-Moderator

I finally got the time to work on my own junk today. I chased down my wiring problems, (no power to the injectors during cranking) mounted the fuse boxes and took 'er for a drive. Still having fuel delivery problems so I built a surge tank with a higher pressure and higher volume pump. I will install it later this week with a adjustable fuel pressure regulator I'm making as described on thirdgen.org.

I was disappointed on the brief ride at the flex. the front end moves OK, but the back was way too stiff. i was climbing frozen snow piles left over from the plows and just couldn't get it to flex well. I decided the time was right to swap out the new Dar springs for a SOA. I took my old stockers and took out the bottom two leaves. I had the mopar spring perches left over from another job. Took about two hours to have everything bolted up. i still have to finish weld in the perches and fab up some shock mounts. I also need to build a anti-wrap bar.

The ride and the flex are 100% better. It sits damn near the same height, but moves way better. I'm going to have to make dropped bump stops, where before I couldn't get it to stuff anywhere near the wheel wells.

A good day. Thanks for the day without students, MLK Jr. :cheers:

2. Isotel

Isotel

Media:
    Albums:
    sounds like you got a whole crap load done,, Congrats!!

3. woody

woody unhelpful spotter Staff Member Admin

Media:
    Albums:
    "this thread is worthless without pics"

4. theferg

theferg

Media:
    Here you go:

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.