SOA - the definitive guide... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

woody

Staff member
Admin
Threads
Very nice. :cheers:
Will be a great resource over the next couple months.

Wait a second, some of those pics look familiar... Andrey, do you have a lawyer... :D:D:D J/K, I am honored!

Holy shiyat! I was just thinkin' it was just gonna be the same write up from the trails and that's it...but I just clicked the link and that thing is BAD ASS! Nice job Andre. And I too am honored by one of the pics being sort-of mine...Mike B took the pic, but it was of my crap...hehe.

-Ferg- :cheers:

copy the name of the photo down, and PM me and I'll add credits where credits are due...

There are also a couple additional photos coming, plus we may add a Q/A followup...a couple businesses that do these regularly have information pending!

Brian,
Great job... I would have loved something like this when I was doing mine! This is great informaiton.

ah, at last my dreams will be in technicolor!
great guide guys, can't wait to... save up for my own :)

Shame those Modifications are almost impossible to legally do in Australia. :'(
Even if I were to do it, There is no mention of Places to get the stuff in Australia. Also all the '$' have no indication of the Currency. :slap:

[quote author=Jonathan_Ferguson link=board=1;threadid=9722;start=msg85949#msg85949 date=1073446787]...There is no mention of Places to get the stuff in Australia. ...[/quote]

I ship worldwide.... :D

Thanks ,its verry good n has answered a lot of questions
I have one though
Does any one know if the Toyota High Lux n Surf that came
with SOA as original from the factory, has the front axle modified for camber adjustment???
Ron :cheers:

[quote author=Ron link=board=1;threadid=9722;start=msg86049#msg86049 date=1073455535]...Toyota High Lux n Surf that came
with SOA as original from the factory, has the front axle modified for camber adjustment???...[/quote]

Can't gaurantee, but in the US, all the Solid Axle Minins were SOA from the factory, and a mini truck has a caster angle of ~10* from the factory vs ~0* of the FJ40, hence the reason Cruisers need the cut/turn far more than tall mini's. Though we did just ship a mini-housing the other day... the guy is running 14" of lift :eek:

[quote author=megolfer link=board=1;threadid=9722;start=msg86022#msg86022 date=1073453159]
Go with Kurt with Cruiseroutfitters, he is a stand up guy and was very fast and supper nice. I found a new source for parts.
[/quote]

Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate your business and glad we could get you taken care of... :)

Has anybody contemplated using the original SOA axles from the Highlux/Surf on a BJ40
it seems like a reasonable idea if you dont contemplate a engine swap
,i think the engines are about the same power
regds
Ron ???

It could be done easily enough they are very similar. Except the perches sit about 1" wider on each side upfront, right against the 3rd member housing, and about .5" wider in the rear. AKA: you would need to outboard your spring hangers to compensate for the slightly wider axles. Or at least in the front, in the rear you could cut off the factory perches and weld on new ones as mentioned in the article. That is what I did, I run a mini truck rear in my cruiser... You will also want at least a V6/Turbo ring and pinion, they are comperable to a cruiser axle but if you don't do that you will lose some strength in them because the 4 cyl R&Ps are strong but not that strong... There are also some other issues too but I think it's easier to just stick w/ the cruiser axles... At least in the front...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom