SOA advice for wheel & tire combo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks as well, I will look into those. I thought about using my stock rims because I'm burnt out on internet shopping, and I just want to drive it; however, my friend said they wouldn't work. I know he has a reason and I trust his opinion. Just out of curiousity, I thought stock rims were 15x8 with 3.5 inch backspace? hmmmm........ Anyone see a reason they wouldn't work? I'm going to check out those desert runners. Most wheels come as 3.75 inch backspace. I'm thinking my best bet is 15x8 or 15x10 with the 2.5inch backspace and a 1/4 inch spacer. Anyone oppose to that working? Please feel free to inform me. Thanks

Run 15x8's better chance of stuffing without rubbing and they are easier to air down without the risk of loosing a bead.

If you can find a rim with 3.5BS and forgo the spacer it'll be easier on your studs.

Don't go over a 1/4inch on a spacer that simply goes over the studs. If you need to go larger, rethink the whole thing as you will need to jump up to the spacer that bolts to the studs then mounts the rims to its own studs.

You know, what you should look at is a Mickey Thompson Classic lock Rim...The 15x8 rim has 3.625 Backspace (perfect) they are lighter than the steelies (less rotational weight=more "power") and they look bomb. I think they are around a buck-fidy a piece.

Then drop the coin to put 35x12.5 MTR's on it....s*** since you're Military, scam some 37x12.5 Load rated E MTR's from a Hummer instead of Load rated C's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom