so u think u can garden!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got mine tilled up 2 weekends ago. Been very slack about getting seeds in pots. We started them on Valentines last year.

Do container gardens count ?
image.jpeg

Yes they do.

image.jpeg
the herbs are growing!!

Went to the SC Botanical Gardens plant sale before work today and got a good many plants. Tomorrow I plant if this frost doesn't hit to bad. I've already got veggies in the ground, hope they make it!

Put trash bags over them. We are planting when we get back from vacation.

yeah I forgot to cover them before I went to work and the wife doesn't get around so good soooo I guess i'll be doing it around 1 am when I get home.

Finally have a lil space to play....... but im a lil late getting it in the ground this year.

IMG_2150.JPG

Any of you guys have any experience with building a greenhouse. @jfz80 I seem to remember you builidng a stupid fancy one and doing a ton of hardscaping around it. I ain't looking to drop that kind of coin, but was curious if any of you had built small frame structures for such purposes. Momma wants one for planting and I figure I am going to end up building one anyway, so figured I might see if anyone had any pointers. Such as glass vs. plexi vs. plastic, size, height, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Matthew

I framed mine with treated lumber and used storm windows I sourced from a house getting replacements..(free)
I put the plastic corrugated stuff on the roof. Been there since 1992.

@jynx .. sorry bout that. Yeah. Those start at about 90k and you have to supply foundation/electric/plumbing. Ive helped build a recycled window unit before as well as had one of the poly panel units a decade ago at a lil business stock inventory nursery.

A quick google last week showed some sweet modular units. Could
Connect end to end ...

Thought it was the climapod?
Climapod HOBBY Greenhouse 9’x12′ with 4-mm Polycarbonate – Climapod Greenhouses: polycarbonate greenhouses kits

But i dont see that mentioned on their site. It was 799.xx As well IIRC. It may be this hobby version linked but i dont see it mentioned. Was same gothic arch style. Those do appear to be good mix of quality and affordability with some cool automated features. Check out their other sizes as well.

Next level seems to be ~2-2500 and some nice dressier options. Clear glass and molded aluminum frames.

These are the cheap ones at 200 - 300

Guess depends on intend use and proximity to house/necessity to look good in environment.

Glass looks better but is more expensive to heat and cool and gets hot spots in the house. Polycarbonate does better at insulation and light diffusion. Happy medium is glass sides and poly top. Add in a small foundation wall to keep lower glass out of splash zone. Get your services inside. Water(s) electric, heat and humidity. Ive seen your woodworking skills so im expecting great things here. ;)

12 gauge...

Question is can i keep up wth it this year? Camry got the boot for some zone one container veggies this year. Mostly peppers tomatos onions for salsas n sauces.

F9B262D2-8A3A-4D37-AC67-A4F36E2B1E30.jpeg
C3E0D9A1-8A32-401F-8538-F3527CECC5E6.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom