Snow Wheeling pictures (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.tripleplate.com
I promised you guys some shots of some snowy excursions, here you go.

These were from last weekend.

22955848.jpg

I had to shovel my door out just to get into the truck.

22955875.jpg

22955929.jpg

Yeah, she should be smiling because she didn't have to get out the entire time, staying dry, warm and listening to music.
22957261.jpg

22958561.jpg

You think my truck was working hard, this is what the '67 FJ40 was pushing through.

22957250.jpg

22958481.jpg

This was the typical view driving behind the 40.

22955990.jpg

22958505.jpg

And a group shot. We had to stop to give some lost snowmobilers directions. The last thing they expected to see were a group of 4x4's.LOL
22955942.jpg

I only managed to get stuck twice on that outing, which I felt was pretty miraculous.

Up,
If you were smart you woulda backed it up the trail. That way the flames out of your exhaust would melt the snow and clear the trail ahead.  :D

Get Bill to hook you up with dual exhausts next time. Makes trail blazing a little quicker.

-B-

Dang -B-........ I...I..I...Can't...... breathe........... :D :D

ROTFLMAO........ :bow:Beo

Bill?......ball's in your court...... 8)

Up...It looks like you coulda used them tires Bill fixed you up with.....

Up,
If you were smart you woulda backed it up the trail. That way the flames out of your exhaust would melt the snow and clear the trail ahead.  :D

Get Bill to hook you up with dual exhausts next time. Makes trail blazing a little quicker.

-B-

Ya know, I didn't even think of that! I'll have to try that next time. I'd definately get respect with that weap..er accesory. :D

Hey Up, I know this is totally off topic 80s wise, but after draggin' a few cold bodies out of the boonies I kinda noticed some things....you might want to lose the jeans for your snow runs.

Try a nice pair of fleece pants with a nylon or gore-tex (or equivalent) shell bottoms. Cotton looses its insulating properties when wet. Cotton Kills...Hypothermia sucks....

Yes, I realize you were with a ton of people, which is good practice, but jeans still get cold.

Just my two cents, FWIW.

-H-

Thanks for the advice, I wasn't in any of the pictures though, I was too busy taking them all. I wear polypropelene long underwear with a layer a fleece over that, then whatever layers are necesary. Plus I always bring a change of clothes, extra boots and my cold weather gear. Some of the guys that were with us, well, they could learn a thing or too with regards to winter clothing. For my job, I'm outside for extended periods and clothing is key. There is no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing!

Yeah! I love snow wheeling!! Great pics!! Thank for sharing! :D
That's some pretty deep snow! I'll be wheeling with Jeep's this weekend! Maybe in the snow....

Here is a shot that someone posted on the Michigan Jeeper's site of me towing the YJ along.
Nice!! I love it. It reminds me when I pulled out a GMC full size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom