Snorkel - Did you have to clearance the inner fender? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CharlieS

GOLD Star
Threads
I'm installing an eBay snorkel (very safari like) and have the outer fender holes drilled. Test fitting it, it seems like it would benefit from some clearance to increase the height of the hole on the inner side of the fender, to avoid a sharp bend in the rubber connector hose between the snorkel and the airbox. Did anyone have to do this, or am I overthinking it?

My eBay snorkel didn't need that to be done and there's not a sharp edge near my rubber connection. It fit right through just about perfectly

Could this possibly be right? It seems way odd, but the only way I can line it up.

IMG_9747.jpeg

And I sad F-it and clearanced it.

image.jpg

I just did mine 2 weeks ago. I left that tube sit in the sun while I drilled the fender holes. Heat from the sun softened it up enough to slide it all the way onto the snorkel and then thru the fender. Had to trim some off length wise, but a couple test fits and it came out fine. I did take a unibit to the middle upper bolt to sneak a socket on an extension thru. The rear upper was the biggest pain in the ass I had installing it. I also threw those POS clamps that came with it out and put some quality stainless ones from NAPA on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom