Small Utility Trailer to Borrow (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Unlike the other thread to borrow a trailer, I am looking for something small. Think like the size of an M416 (or even an M1102) in good driving condition. My goal is to take the family to South Core Banks this summer in August... before a week long trip elsewhere... and I simply do not have enough space for everything for a two week trip.

It would likely haul firewood, cooler, and some of the larger items like chairs or shade. Probably a C-Bag or two of assorted gear/clothing. It would definitely be going in sand, but not real rough terrain. I would also prefer tires on it that are rated to go 75mph on the highway (which would be my top speed).

I am interested in any options at this point, even renting if possible. I would even consider buying if not for a lack of a place to keep it at my townhouse.

There is a second trip to Bethany beach I would also enjoy it for... on this one, I would not be able to use my rooftop carrier because I have to bring my canoe home, and that will go on the roof. This is a lesser need but is the end of June, back July 1st.

If anyone has ideas... I am open.

Big difference between an M416 (1/4-ton - for the flatfender Jeeps) and M1102 (1-ton - for the HMMWV).

FWIW, the M1101 is the same as the M1102, but designated for a GVW of under 3400#.

Big difference between an M416 (1/4-ton - for the flatfender Jeeps) and M1102 (1-ton - for the HMMWV).

FWIW, the M1101 is the same as the M1102, but designated for a GVW of under 3400#.
Awesome... I was not aware and that is good to know. I was merely mentioning it as a size comparison. If someone had another trailer make/model of similar size, I would greatly appreciate it. Talking with @unleashd to see if there is some hope with his trailer, but some sort of container that is secured to it would be required.

I suspect total weight to carry is less than 1000#... I simply do not have that many umbrellas, chairs, or coolers. The heaviest thing would be the giant aluminum canoe, and that is going on the roof when I drive back from Bethany (if we cannot find someone who wants to take it off our hands down there).

Here's a comparison.

M416.jpg

M1102.jpg

Regarding the transport of firewood... be sure to research any firewood quarantines that may be in effect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom