SM420 to 3spd Tcase Adapters (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike, have you ever created a banner ad for your plate? I'd be more than happy to put it in a rotation on the site and give you some free advertising (beyond just this corner)

since the sm420 has been discontinued, and a lot of the parts to repair the sm420 have been discontinued, it would be great to see an adapter for the 465 at a price close to your adapter, instead of paying 3 times as much.

Update as of today. 20 sm420 to 3spd tcase adapters will be made in the next week and available for shipping second week of March. $125 +shipping, plate only, same as on the site linked above without the hardware stuff. Direct e-mail only to msmythe@iei.net to reserve yours. No more expected till summer if at all.

since the sm420 has been discontinued, and a lot of the parts to repair the sm420 have been discontinued, it would be great to see an adapter for the 465 at a price close to your adapter, instead of paying 3 times as much.

The parts have only been discontinued at GM. You can still get all parts for the 420 as new old stock from several vendors, including brand new trannies. The high wear parts like bearings and synchros are still being manufactured.

The bonus about the 420 is that you don't have to change output shafts or drill and tap it.

Just a plug: Mike's plate is a work of art and a great deal. I got one of the first ones and it bolted right in and has worked fine for the last year and a half.

Copy of letter to all that had e-mailed me about adapters recently. Do not respond here please, nor if you got this as an e-mail do you need to reply.

Anyone that hasn't gotten on the list should e-mail me directly at msmythe@iei.net to order any of these limited supply items.
Thanks, Mike

Sorry this is a generic reply/info message regarding both of the adapters. Due to the number of people interested this will save me lots of time. The response was very good, and I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause any of you. Please read all the info and be sure to include the necessary info in your reply. Thanks, Mike 'SpaceGhost" Smythe

The first shipment of adapters (10 of each) and indexing rings is ready to ship today (March 17th). The balance will be along later in the week and will be shipped then. I have decided that due to an unexpected savings of a few dollars on each adapter to include UPS Ground shipping to the US in the purchase price. I will ship yours out as soon as I receive payment (if Money Order or Personal Check), or e-mail confirmation from PayPal of your payment. Cut off is 2:00 pm for me to get them out each day. They are shipping from Indy, 46220 if you want to estimate the arrival to you. I will send each of you the tracking numbers to the e-mail address you reply to this message from.

Both adapters are $125 USD each, which includes US shipping. The SM420 Indexing rings are $25 each. The rings are used to align the SM420 to the Toyota 3spd bellhousing. These are optional, but the bolts alone will not insure alignment at the pilot bearing/input shaft. Some choose to reuse the Toy three speed tranny bearing retainer, and redrill the to fit the SM420. You decide and order as needed.

The SM420 adapter does NOT include any additional hardware! My sm420 pages show the stuff needed and the part ##'s and sources. http://www.iei.net/~msmythe/sm420/sm420_adapter.htm

The TBI adapter IS a kit, and includes the base gasket and the bolts and washers to mount a 4.3 tbi unit to the cruiser f and 2f intakes. Some fabrication is needed to connect linkage and adapt an air cleaner. This is YOUR responsibility! I have noted some helpful info on my TBI page, and will update the pics (ADAPTER HASN'T CHANGED) sometime soon. http://www.iei.net/~msmythe/TBI/tbi_info.htm

What I need from you to place an order is the following info and payment. If mailing payment please let me know when it has been sent and I will hold an adapter for 10 days for you. After that, unfortunately orders will be filled if adapters are still available. Any unfilled orders will will result in return of any payment. PayPal is the hot set up to insure easy, trackable transactions. I recommend it, and feel it is very secure and reliable. MY user id is msmythe@iei.net, or if you need me to send a PayPal invoice I can do that too.

Item(s) ordering:
Name:
Shipping Adress: (be sure this is in the format required please) Business or Residential: Phone ## for UPS to contact you if a problem occurs: Payment Method: Total Paid:

Thanks to all of you, and be sure to let me know when your order arrives, and your feedback on the transaction and parts. Oh, if you have any questions, and have read my pages, be sure to get them answered before ordering.

Mike

Update on availability

I believe I have filled all the orders for those that were early to reply, or had been waiting for the adapters. I still have both adapters in stock as well as the tranny/bellhousing indexing rings. All inquiries should be by direct email to: msmythe@iei.net

Thanks for all the support !

Update on stock on hand. I still have SM420 adapters, indexing rings (which can be purchased seperately) and TBI adapter kits in stock. I just sent one of each off to Tony for the Rubithon Raffle. Good luck to those that get to go :(

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom