Slinky / Icon Shock Failure (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I stand corrected. You were right to persuade me to contact Mill Creek.

They did step up by contacting the Icon service team directly and explained the situation. Icon has emailed me to start the warranty process.

I wouldn’t have reached out to them without our discussion. Thanks Adam.
Glad that worked out.

Thats one of the best things about wiping it clean and test driving it, the location of the leak becomes visible straight away.

For all the shocks we sell [lots] we see about 4-6 people a month who see a wet area, or their service shop which always reports misting or oil in the hope of generating work, contact us about it, and we always go with 'wipe it and look at it it" first up. About 5 or 6 a year are actually leaking or need service.

Thats why we always start there.

Its also why we recommended Mill Creek as first port of call to fix this if they took your money, to sort it.

Glad that advice worked out as well.

Keep me updated by email on how it tracks so I can keep an eye on the proceedings please.

You are not the first to have issues with Slinky, look at this video, where the slinky coils broke just in one year and it was very difficult to get a warranty claim from slinky:

Land cruiser 105 build
For the record, with that broken spring [one of 3 since 2004] didnt have warranty, as the person who was to do write ups and reviews over a 12 month period backed out of the deal after installing, due to other issues with his auto and armax tuning device, and unliked advice from us with problems with the vehicle we pointed out needing fixing, which he took a dislike to. So we told him if he was terminating, we werent going to supply warranty.

He even said he didnt expect us to help him with warranty when he emailed to tell me about the issue.

The reason our coils have a 25 year life span, and virtually nil breakages is the material we use, and the bar peeling before rolling, so any lamination's from the bar being rolled, are seen before the coils are made.

Without x ray its impossible to get 100% of them, but the time and cost to do so, vs the 3 in over 15 years we have seen, and never replaced a sagging coil set, are proof the life span and manufacturing create the best product we can in a cost vs value ratio for us.

I broke my icon / slinky shock on black bear pass. I honestly was not jumping it or rallying it. Regardless, I contacted mill creek, from there I spoke with icon. They repaired my shock free of charge and had it back to me within 7 days turn around time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom