sliding ragtop & gun ring (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Please post up some more detailed pics of this, i.e. the sliding roof, the interior and some action shots.

Yes, more pics of the ragtop. Also, does the ring have to be mounted to the plate?

ring

The ring does not have to be on the plate but it does need to be supported because the trolly will not work if the ring is twisted. The fact that it is a C shape does not help either. The plate mostly serves as a solid base to keep the ring flat.

I will post pics of the top.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

DONE!!!!

I finally completed the gun mount. Hogs beware...

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112
small lexus shooting.jpg

just you wait...

hold your breeches mister...

I am working on a 20mm belt-fed mount!!!! The M240 on the Lexus is on the tripod next to the Oerlikon.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112
DSCF3240.jpg

Holy ****!!! I want to move to Texas...

Are you a Class III dealer? Where do you come up with these things?

BIG hogs

Well the hogs are BIG in TX!

I picked these up at Walmart in the knitting section... they are behind the counter. Gotta ask for them. :p

Yes, I am a C3.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

Yes

Yes he does, Sir. Yes he does...

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

Y'all Wish

My new favorite shirt in light of the next election cycle...

y'all Wish!

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112
Untitled.jpg

When my wife and I were still dating we took a trip to Utah to visit her father. I think it was in 94'. On the way back she was doing 105 on the 15 just outside of Provo and got nabbed. She got a ticket for doing 90 and was told to slow it down. They mailed us the ticket to pay.

One of the line items for offenses and fines listed on the back of the paperwork mentioned: "Firing a weapon from a moving vehicle- $100 fine".

You must tell me where to buy that shirt. I am from Texas but have friends in Denver that need some inspiration.

@Texas bj-42

I wonder if you might share some follow-up on your sliding ragtop and gun mount?
Have you had any issues with leaks?
How is the mount holding up?

This is awesome!

That is a shame. Seems like a lot of money to spend on something for 1 year of use.

I didn't think to check when he was last on here.
I hope he didn't buy a Jeep...

Golgo13, I am sorry to confirm your worst fears but "Yes" I did buy an AEV Hemi TJ. It too is receiving a gun mount. I am also upfitting my M1078 LMTV with a mount this week. It has proven to be a great truck and runs 75mph after a regear. Not bad for a mil truck. Soft leaf springs with coil-overs too. Here are some pics of projects from the last year or so...

As for the Lexus. That mount was solid. The rag top long-term feedback will need to come from the new owner.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

gears 2.JPG

super moon 1.JPG

as restored.JPG

BAF - Bays 2.JPG

Dillon in Tank.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom