• Slee

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Victory

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CBI

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just curious... what brand slider is everyone running?
At CRR I saw several members running White Knuckle but again what is everyone else running?

Be like the rest of the club and get white knuckle.. you won't be upset.
Also didn't you say you already had a set on the way.. 🧐

Be like the rest of the club and get white knuckle.. you won't be upset.
Also didn't you say you already had a set on the way.. 🧐
I am getting White Knuckle and i spoke with then yesterday they are due to ship out on the 18th... next friday.
I was just curious what everyone else is using.. I know you have White Knuckle and so does Mitch... just wondering what everyone else is running

I am getting White Knuckle and i spoke with then yesterday they are due to ship out on the 18th... next friday.
I was just curious what everyone else is using.. I know you have White Knuckle and so does Mitch... just wondering what everyone else is running
Can’t go wrong with White Knuckle. Super beefy…..they have saved me many times.

None currently—with a family of five and a glampimg lifestyle, I can’t afford to knock a hundred + pounds off my payload right off the bat.
If I do anything it’ll be Lanc Cruiser Phil’s rock rails—25 lbs a set…

None currently—with a family of five and a glampimg lifestyle, I can’t afford to knock a hundred + pounds off my payload right off the bat.
If I do anything it’ll be Lanc Cruiser Phil’s rock rails—25 lbs a set…
just googled and read up about Land Cruiser Phil's rails... very cool idea and well executed. If i had stayed stock height I might have looked into something like them since i wouldnt need the rail as a step. Sadly nobody makes something like that for the 120 series.

Smart man. I've seen the slee step sliders for the GX and they don't look stout at all

Smart man. I've seen the slee step sliders for the GX and they don't look stout at all
Hey- my slee step sliders were stout! But I would go white knuckle. The slee ones were super annoying on install with “stick nuts.” Never again!

Hey- my slee step sliders were stout! But I would go white knuckle. The slee ones were super annoying on install with “stick nuts.” Never again!
Didn't they flex when you stood on them?

Didn't they flex when you stood on them?
Not that I know of. They are 3/16” steel. I had the weight of the truck on them a couple times at Rausch and they didnt seem to mind. But there may have been a couple milimeters of wiggle against the frame where I couldn’t get the stick nuts tight enough. I still think they’re the best option out there if need steps for shorter folks or kids

706D65C2-097B-4332-9293-3EA2DB86FF57.jpeg
1B7177DC-4B43-4360-B39A-49FDBAE6F1E4.jpeg
C31F9F3E-3490-41AF-A0FE-E77F47BEBAC7.jpeg

Not that I know of. They are 3/16” steel. I had the weight of the truck on them a couple times at Rausch and they didnt seem to mind. But there may have been a couple milimeters of wiggle against the frame where I couldn’t get the stick nuts tight enough. I still think they’re the best option out there if need steps for shorter folks or kids

View attachment 2702419View attachment 2702420View attachment 2702421
@PRADO3 where did you get your rock light mounts?

@PRADO3 where did you get your rock light mounts?
The lights came with the sliders and can attach with zip ties. They’re plug and play with the oem sidestep light wiring. I didn’t end up using them and I might have the lights and maybe those brackets in storage. I’ll check today and let you know if I find em.

@Svensk120 just to clarify- the photos I posted above are from the slee website. The lights mine came with are much different. I just found them in storage. Plug and play seems like a misunderstanding on my part. But you can easily connect them to the existing oem step lights. These may not be rock lights per se. They don’t look like they’ll be bright. Free to a good home.
Edit: looks like slee may have supplied Australian market license plate lights in the kit they sent me:

E4858D51-8048-4EDF-8EF4-CA195CF45FFE.jpeg
FCD85533-4269-43F2-92DA-E5585D8C4111.jpeg
0C484C79-EF17-4800-8FDA-2DDDB662E928.jpeg

Last edited:
@Svensk120 just to clarify- the photos I posted above are from the slee website. The lights mine came with are much different. I just found them in storage. Plug and play seems like a misunderstanding on my part. But you can easily connect them to the existing oem step lights. These may not be rock lights per se. They don’t look like they’ll be bright. Free to a good home.
Edit: looks like slee may have supplied Australian market license plate lights in the kit they sent me:
me:

View attachment 2702453View attachment 2702454View attachment 2702456
@PRADO3 if @Svensk120 doesn’t take them I would appreciate them

I have budbuilt sliders and skids on my GX and they're extremely beefy. The sliders have a plate that runs the full length against the frame. Definitely not the cheapest but you get what you pay for

well it was mail call today.... these things are BEEFY!!!

PXL_20210622_211443498.jpg
PXL_20210622_211717333.jpg
PXL_20210622_211953454.jpg
PXL_20210622_212245030.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom