Slee, Hanna, 4x4Labs etc... FJC Stuff (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

G-Cat

SILVER Star
Threads
And what about Metaltech? Any plans of an FJC line?

I haven't seen this discussed. Will the 80/100 Series big hitters build bumpers, sliders, custom lift bits for the FJC? And how soon? Curious, didn't know if they see it as a great business opportunity or not.

:cheers:

Last edited:
The ARB rep at the SEMA show said that they would have a front bumper and lift kit out for them at the same time that they hit the dealer lots.

Tools R Us said:
The ARB rep at the SEMA show said that they would have a front bumper and lift kit out for them at the same time that they hit the dealer lots.

I will believe it when i see it..... on a side not the donahue (sp) front lift coils are ready...

Lift kits, ARBs and such are NOW available according to a Tech
guy I spoke with at the Greenville S.C. showing.
He said the truck lift and ARB stuff drop right in. He said they thought
of this type of add ons while designing the thing. He seemed very
excited about this aspect of the thing.
FWIW

it will be intresteing to see who makes it in the FJC aftermarket arena.. I bet Marlin and SKY jump into it aswell.. i think that the Pickup guys already have the edge seeing as its based on the 4runner and those guys have SAS down to a science already!.. Either way im sure we will see alot of different products in the comming years..

Oh this is probably one of the biggest things from Toyota for the 4x4 market in awhile. The 80s, 100s, 4Runners, and Tacos are getting a little big to be 4x4s in the traditional sense, but the FJC is more compact, truer to the roots of 4x4ing.
This could be a monumental move, as all the other automakers are upsizing, adding more leather, making things more "mall friendly", whereas Toyota is building something that steps in the direction of our classic LCs, which were designed with utilitarian purposes in mind. A good step IMHO.

Missing one MFG'r in that line up there.....

por46zr.jpg

Mark

player said:
Oh this is probably one of the biggest things from Toyota for the 4x4 market in awhile. The 80s, 100s, 4Runners, and Tacos are getting a little big to be 4x4s in the traditional sense, but the FJC is more compact, truer to the roots of 4x4ing.
This could be a monumental move, as all the other automakers are upsizing, adding more leather, making things more "mall friendly", whereas Toyota is building something that steps in the direction of our classic LCs, which were designed with utilitarian purposes in mind. A good step IMHO.

The FJC isnt all that small, IIRC its just a bit shorter in length than a 4Runner and about as wide...IIRC:grinpimp:

Man, I thought I really liked the blue, but that yellow looks kinda sweet!! Wonder what red looks like...

helocat said:
Missing one MFG'r in that line up there.....

por46zr.jpg

Mark

CRAP! Sorry Mark...you're right! (I was thinking only 80/100 Series vendors...I know you have plans in this area, but MT didn't pop right to mind!) So, is Metaltech going to do FJC? Any more word on the 80-stuff? Won't leave you out next time!:cheers:

Garth said:
CRAP! Sorry Mark...you're right! (I was thinking only 80/100 Series vendors...I know you have plans in this area, but MT didn't pop right to mind!) So, is Metaltech going to do FJC? Any more word on the 80-stuff? Won't leave you out next time!:cheers:

80 Gear is in the final stages – Now.

FJ parts are a matter of poaching one off a dealer’s lot or the street. I missed the measurement sessions at SEMA so I am on my own to nail down a development machine. Climbing the fence at Toyota Logistics in Portland was ruled out since jail time hampers product development!

NOTE: If you live near Portland OR and own a FJ-Cruiser contact Metal-tech!

Mark

helocat said:
80 Gear is in the final stages – Now.

FJ parts are a matter of poaching one off a dealer’s lot or the street. I missed the measurement sessions at SEMA so I am on my own to nail down a development machine. Climbing the fence at Toyota Logistics in Portland was ruled out since jail time hampers product development!

NOTE: If you live near Portland OR and own a FJ-Cruiser contact Metal-tech!

Mark
Try contacting BT17R on yotatech, he is getting one of the first FJ Cruisers in PDX and is active on the yotatech board.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom