Slee, Hanna, 4x4Labs etc... FJC Stuff (1 Viewer)

G-Cat

SILVER Star
Joined
Jan 2, 2003
Messages
5,618
Location
Georgia
And what about Metaltech? Any plans of an FJC line?

I haven't seen this discussed. Will the 80/100 Series big hitters build bumpers, sliders, custom lift bits for the FJC? And how soon? Curious, didn't know if they see it as a great business opportunity or not.

:cheers:
 
Last edited:
Joined
Jul 20, 2004
Messages
24,774
Location
Chandler, AZ
Website
www.tontorecreationalliance.org
The ARB rep at the SEMA show said that they would have a front bumper and lift kit out for them at the same time that they hit the dealer lots.
 
Joined
Feb 5, 2003
Messages
695
Location
Eagle, ID
Tools R Us said:
The ARB rep at the SEMA show said that they would have a front bumper and lift kit out for them at the same time that they hit the dealer lots.


I will believe it when i see it..... on a side not the donahue (sp) front lift coils are ready...
 
Joined
Jan 2, 2003
Messages
3,187
Location
Dweller on the Threshold
Lift kits, ARBs and such are NOW available according to a Tech
guy I spoke with at the Greenville S.C. showing.
He said the truck lift and ARB stuff drop right in. He said they thought
of this type of add ons while designing the thing. He seemed very
excited about this aspect of the thing.
FWIW
 
Joined
Sep 28, 2003
Messages
3,961
Location
Crawlorado.com
Website
www.crawlorado.com
it will be intresteing to see who makes it in the FJC aftermarket arena.. I bet Marlin and SKY jump into it aswell.. i think that the Pickup guys already have the edge seeing as its based on the 4runner and those guys have SAS down to a science already!.. Either way im sure we will see alot of different products in the comming years..
 
Joined
Jul 31, 2005
Messages
230
Location
Honolulu, HI
Oh this is probably one of the biggest things from Toyota for the 4x4 market in awhile. The 80s, 100s, 4Runners, and Tacos are getting a little big to be 4x4s in the traditional sense, but the FJC is more compact, truer to the roots of 4x4ing.
This could be a monumental move, as all the other automakers are upsizing, adding more leather, making things more "mall friendly", whereas Toyota is building something that steps in the direction of our classic LCs, which were designed with utilitarian purposes in mind. A good step IMHO.
 

helocat

Tube is your buddy!
Supporting Vendor
Joined
Nov 2, 2002
Messages
744
Website
www.metaltech4x4.com
Missing one MFG'r in that line up there.....




por46zr.jpg


Mark
 
Joined
Apr 24, 2004
Messages
2,245
Location
Taylorsville Utah
player said:
Oh this is probably one of the biggest things from Toyota for the 4x4 market in awhile. The 80s, 100s, 4Runners, and Tacos are getting a little big to be 4x4s in the traditional sense, but the FJC is more compact, truer to the roots of 4x4ing.
This could be a monumental move, as all the other automakers are upsizing, adding more leather, making things more "mall friendly", whereas Toyota is building something that steps in the direction of our classic LCs, which were designed with utilitarian purposes in mind. A good step IMHO.

The FJC isnt all that small, IIRC its just a bit shorter in length than a 4Runner and about as wide...IIRC:grinpimp:
 
Joined
Dec 23, 2005
Messages
4,470
Location
In Between Worlds
Man, I thought I really liked the blue, but that yellow looks kinda sweet!! Wonder what red looks like...
 

G-Cat

SILVER Star
Joined
Jan 2, 2003
Messages
5,618
Location
Georgia
helocat said:
Missing one MFG'r in that line up there.....




por46zr.jpg


Mark

CRAP! Sorry Mark...you're right! (I was thinking only 80/100 Series vendors...I know you have plans in this area, but MT didn't pop right to mind!) So, is Metaltech going to do FJC? Any more word on the 80-stuff? Won't leave you out next time!:cheers:
 

helocat

Tube is your buddy!
Supporting Vendor
Joined
Nov 2, 2002
Messages
744
Website
www.metaltech4x4.com
Garth said:
CRAP! Sorry Mark...you're right! (I was thinking only 80/100 Series vendors...I know you have plans in this area, but MT didn't pop right to mind!) So, is Metaltech going to do FJC? Any more word on the 80-stuff? Won't leave you out next time!:cheers:

80 Gear is in the final stages – Now.

FJ parts are a matter of poaching one off a dealer’s lot or the street. I missed the measurement sessions at SEMA so I am on my own to nail down a development machine. Climbing the fence at Toyota Logistics in Portland was ruled out since jail time hampers product development!

NOTE: If you live near Portland OR and own a FJ-Cruiser contact Metal-tech!

Mark
 
Joined
Mar 27, 2003
Messages
5,698
Location
Camas, WA USA
helocat said:
80 Gear is in the final stages – Now.

FJ parts are a matter of poaching one off a dealer’s lot or the street. I missed the measurement sessions at SEMA so I am on my own to nail down a development machine. Climbing the fence at Toyota Logistics in Portland was ruled out since jail time hampers product development!

NOTE: If you live near Portland OR and own a FJ-Cruiser contact Metal-tech!

Mark
Try contacting BT17R on yotatech, he is getting one of the first FJ Cruisers in PDX and is active on the yotatech board.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom