Slee Group 31M drop-in Battery Replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just installed an Odyssey battery and a solar panel to my RTT. Glad to hear it's working for you @guardcompany! What tender did you use from the solar?

I just installed an Odyssey battery and a solar panel to my RTT. Glad to hear it's working for you @guardcompany! What tender did you use from the solar?

I went with the Victron MPPT. The bluetooth is pretty rad. I've never had a charge controller that you can manage with an app before. You can track it all from your phone and manually adjust your charging profile per Odyssey's requirements.

Cool - I'll check it out. Thanks for the info!

Way back when I purchased a Slee type 31M battery tray kit and a Sears Die Hard Platinum AGM type 31M battery to go with it. As with many folks, the Sears PDH type 31M battery died after about 2 years, and my mechanic "did me a favor" by replacing it with an stock Interstate 27F. I really can't complain, as that 27F has lasted me six years, but I'd like to replace it before taking any long road trips over the summer. I know the LC comes with a type 27F battery, but I figured since I got the Slee tray for a type 31 battery let me see what I could find. I wanted to avoid AGM technology after the bad experience with the Sears 31M, and I would prefer something which I could just drop in without extending any wires. After a bit of research on the Interstate webpage I found this:

I got my Slee tray and Diehard at the same time most likely and it is still strong. I like AGM better than Lead acid for slower rate of discharge. I wouldn't toss AGM, just sayin'

My Northstar probably feels like it’s at the spa sipping a drink and getting a pedicure :p

BF3355A7-512E-445A-9DF8-4F80319576D5.jpeg

So all you have is that HKB booster fuse installed and you’re running dual AGMs? Do you put it on a tender when the truck sits or no need?
No, just a single AGM. A 27f Northstar. I have a noco with an AGM mode I put on it when I think about it, which isn’t very often. But it sat for nearly 2 months this winter without anything and It crunk right up.
Obviously the fridge wasn’t running;)

For those that got a Slee dual battery/compressor tray, which NorthStar AGM fits in that little space?

Wish I knew about the HBK booster when my 31M Sears DH battery died. Would a HBK booster benefit those using a traditional lead acid battery?

Wish I knew about the HBK booster when my 31M Sears DH battery died. Would a HBK booster benefit those using a traditional lead acid battery?
I think it would be too much too much. Overcharging.

I have the voltage booster but still periodically use my charger for my dual group 65 AGMs.

I have that X2.
Any chance you have the Slee group 31 tray? I just installed this one and it appears to be too tall by a significant margin - like a full inch. I'm perplexed because the specs have it shorter than the Interstate 31P-AGM7 that Slee recommends. I might need low profile terminal clamps, but even then it seems too close for comfort.

Any tips are greatly appreciated!

Any chance you have the Slee group 31 tray? I just installed this one and it appears to be too tall by a significant margin - like a full inch. I'm perplexed because the specs have it shorter than the Interstate 31P-AGM7 that Slee recommends. I might need low profile terminal clamps, but even then it seems too close for comfort.

Any tips are greatly appreciated!
Did you ever get an answer to this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom