Simple ignition cutoff switch? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is there an easily accessible wire under the dash that I can use to disable the '80s ignition? I'm thinking of putting a hidden switch somewhere as an additional measure of theft prevention. The shift/selector position circuitry seems to be a good candidate, but is there something more accessible? Thanks!

Last edited:
If you're worried short term about you're truck being stolen while parked here's a simple solution. You could just pull the the Electronic Fuel Injection relay each time you park it, and take it with you. That relay is a small round canister shaped relay, and is located in the main fuse box in the engine compartment. Without that relay in place your truck isn't going anywhere.

If you're worried short term about you're truck being stolen while parked here's a simple solution. You could just pull the the Electronic Fuel Injection relay each time you park it, and take it with you. That relay is a small round canister shaped relay, and is located in the main fuse box in the engine compartment. Without that relay in place your truck isn't going anywhere.

Since I really don't drive it that much, an excellent idea as an interim solution. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom