Silver with stock Rock Warrior wheels? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I hate the silver stock wheels on my silver LC. Just seems a bit too monochromatic, and they look too much like the wheels I had on my old Tundra. For that and all the other often mentioned reasons, I am looking at finding some Rock Warriors (I know, me and most other LC owners), but was wondering if someone could post a picture of a silver LC 200 with those shoes on. Trying to figure out if, (once I find them), I want to get the Rock Warriors powder coated in a different color, or just leave them as is. Thanks in advance! (BTW, yes, I know there is a picture thread, but with thousands of pictures on there, even though I have been through most of it, I have not found this exact combination yet.

Note that since rock warriors are forged aluminum standard powder coating can impact the strength of the wheel. You’ll want to research the risks with this and your options for lower temp PC.

Note that since rock warriors are forged aluminum standard powder coating can impact the strength of the wheel. You’ll want to research the risks with this and your options for lower temp PC.
That is great gouge, thanks! It also sparks my curiosity so will definitely run that down.

Look at my build thread. Silver 200 with rw wheels

Not mine but here you go...RWW are the only way to fly!

863B9C29-CB62-4579-B37E-30332DD5D6D6.jpeg

Look at my build thread. Silver 200 with rw wheels
Read your build post and I had forgotten that I have been following your build post. Lot of inspiration and lessons there that have informed my plans for my LC. I also didn’t remember that you had RW wheels...or that you went with the two tone ring look. Have run across some for sale with blacked out rings, and didn't even consider them. Now that I saw your mix, going to rethink that after recognizing from your thread that you have a better focus on what is really important.

Read your build post and I had forgotten that I have been following your build post. Lot of inspiration and lessons there that have informed my plans for my LC. I also didn’t remember that you had RW wheels...or that you went with the two tone ring look. Have run across some for sale with blacked out rings, and didn't even consider them. Now that I saw your mix, going to rethink that after recognizing from your thread that you have a better focus on what is really important.

I’m finally at a point where I can say “I’m done” with the modding 😆... for now. Ecuador has some very diverse terrain you can be at beaches then ultra high altitude volcano scrub land then the rainforest in 5 hours drive and my 200 handles it all. My cruiser is a part of my family we have literally traveled the world in her and she has always gets us home safe.

So I was lucky enough to stumble on one of those legendary $500 rock warrior wheels set Craigslist deals a few years ago. Those 4 were with normal chrome rings. Then I struck gold twice by finding 2 eBay deals for $70 each those two had the black rings. So I have 6 RWs for two full size spares. Makes rotations easy to keep track of. Anyway to be honest I think I like the chrome rings best. My truck has a lot of black on it from the mods and the chrome contrast on the wheels ties it together better in my opinion.

I love the Rock Warriors as much as anyone, but the expense combined with the difficulty in finding them has led me down other paths for my silver LC. I upgraded to the 2016+ wheels as I liked them better. Next I'll either go with the Icon Rebound or Vector 5 in Titanium to get a darker color and 17" diameter. I haven't pulled the trigger on that yet as I have new tires that I would like to get some more miles out of. The thing that intrigues me is how good the stock wheels look when powder coated a different color. You may look into having your current wheels powder coated if you aren't set on moving to a 17" wheel. A gunmetal or titanium color would be just right on the silver and only costs a couple hundred bucks. Just a thought.

I love the Rock Warriors as much as anyone, but the expense combined with the difficulty in finding them has led me down other paths for my silver LC. I upgraded to the 2016+ wheels as I liked them better. Next I'll either go with the Icon Rebound or Vector 5 in Titanium to get a darker color and 17" diameter. I haven't pulled the trigger on that yet as I have new tires that I would like to get some more miles out of. The thing that intrigues me is how good the stock wheels look when powder coated a different color. You may look into having your current wheels powder coated if you aren't set on moving to a 17" wheel. A gunmetal or titanium color would be just right on the silver and only costs a couple hundred bucks. Just a thought.
Thanks! I have been thinking of that too as an option, but haven't figured out how to get it all done in a timely fashion since my LC is my daily driver. (Although I guess I should look at this COVID crazy going on as a great opportunity for it since my daily driving is a fraction of what it was before.)

My silver '17 with Rock Warriors.View attachment 2485145
Thanks! I really like that look, particularly with the color matched front and rear bumpers. (I am still trying to figure out whether I want the color matched look or not. Your picture only adds to the indecision.)

Thanks! I have been thinking of that too as an option, but haven't figured out how to get it all done in a timely fashion since my LC is my daily driver. (Although I guess I should look at this COVID crazy going on as a great opportunity for it since my daily driving is a fraction of what it was before.)

You can probably find a set of tundra wheels or LC wheels on craigslist for next to nothing. Use those for the 3-4 days it will take to get the powder coat done. Then swap back. You may end up paying ~$100 total to swap the tires back and forth, but my tire shop does it for free because I bought the tires from them.

Wait so people LIKE the way Rock Warriors look? I just thought it was a weight thing or something.

I do like the way they look. I think they look better than stock. More importantly for me though is the fact that they are 17" OEM Forged Aluminum and fit perfectly. Back when I got mine you could pretty easily find a whole set for less than 1k. I got my 6 for $650. I think there are other wheels that look better but I'd bet RWs are better built than most any aftermarket wheel you can find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom