Silver Surfer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I stuck the wires from the new socket into the OEM plug to test then I cut off the OEM socket and connected the H13 socket correctly.

I don't think you would need a high temp socket for either the LED or HID kits as they use an external voltage converter so the plugs are not right at the bulb. The HID kit would only need one new H13 socket on the vehicle because it only connects to one of the headlights. I am going to stick one of each in my JK so I can show people the difference between the HID kit and the LED kit.

I picked the JK housing because they can be had cheap used and they perform well with the HID bulbs. Getting the LED bulbs cheap was just a bonus as I had planned on putting the same HID kit in the FJ60 that I currently have in my JK.

They have the halogen bulbs in them so you can hook them up right now and wait on the LED or HID bulbs.

Everything is back in
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430445643.308034.jpg

I forgot I put the JK headlights in the surfer so when I just went to move it into the driveway I was like, "wow, I can see the road now". Dang 27 year old sealed beams were the suck. Especially being wired through the old factory light switch and corroded sockets.

I am looking for a clean 60 series gas tank. I gave mine a year now and it still has a lot of rust coming out. Let me know if you have one.

I am looking for a clean 60 series gas tank. I gave mine a year now and it still has a lot of rust coming out. Let me know if you have one.

Research the 60 series gas tank recall. If it qualifies and it has never been done, you can get a new one from Toyota, providing they still have them. You might be out of luck but it's an option worth looking into.

Research the 60 series gas tank recall. If it qualifies and it has never been done, you can get a new one from Toyota, providing they still have them. You might be out of luck but it's an option worth looking into.
I checked that. I only have the seat belt recall listed for my VIN.

Anyone in that area do the tank cleaning? We used to have a radiator shop in my area that did, and would do wonders on a rusty gas tank.

I am going to try that after the Ramble just in case it takes longer than expected. A friend of mine said there is a shop in LR that does it.

I am going to try that after the Ramble just in case it takes longer than expected. A friend of mine said there is a shop in LR that does it.
Southwest Radiator and River City Radiator would be the 2 I would try first in LR.

Southwest Radiator and River City Radiator would be the 2 I would try first in LR.
Southwest radiator did an awesome job on my Suburban radiator. I just had them clean and patch it and it was cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom