Side mirror quality (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need a new passenger side mirror. Wondering about the quality of non-OEM mirrors that I see on Ebay for around $50. The used OEM versions seem to go for $100-$150. Is this because of the cachet of OEM, or are the new knock-offs poorly made and I will regret buying them?

I need a new passenger side mirror. Wondering about the quality of non-OEM mirrors that I see on Ebay for around $50. The used OEM versions seem to go for $100-$150. Is this because of the cachet of OEM, or are the new knock-offs poorly made and I will regret buying them?
Advise what color you need and what year to be sure.

@slow95z
@arcteryx

Brand new from Toyota, white still available. ~ $150. Probably last another 25+ years

I bought a pair of DEPO mirrors in black to replace mine. I think I got them off of amazon.

They don't shake, connected right up to the power wires and are paintable but dont look odd in black on my white 93.

I would buy them again. They've been perfect.

Bought one off Amazon in black and will try to paint in the 97 Lexus 1B1 color. Works fine and came with three different plugs and one was a perfect fit. Failed trying to find a used one.

Did you pick up the white 1996 in Middleton that was on Craigslist?
Looked like a good deal. Thought of running down to look at it, but didn't last long.
Any pics?

Did you pick up the white 1996 in Middleton that was on Craigslist?
Looked like a good deal. Thought of running down to look at it, but didn't last long.
Any pics?
Yes I did. I had been looking as far afield as Denver and Seattle to avoid the Wisconsin rust syndrome. When this one came up 4 miles from my house I thought I should jump on it.
It needed a lot of work, which I knew going into it, but then it needed a lot more work after that. Just got it back from the shop last Wed. Working on a good rust proofing this weekend. Still driving it rather hesitantly around town until I trust it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom