Side Marker Lights... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently acquired a set of side marker lights, pn 81730-60111(x2).  Couple of questions for you all...

The rubber gasket looks like enough to drill and cut the hole to the correct shape.  Am I wrong?

Is there a template to mount them in the factory location?

Does the USA wiring harness have the plugs already, or is wiring work necessary?

If yours is the first to arrive from that big order Jim placed for us in April, then you might be the first person here to install non US spec side markers in a US 80. Please document thoroughly and let us know how it goes. :G

Jim, a template would be a real help. :beer:

R -

Here are a few details...

>> Does the USA wiring harness have the plugs already?

Nope, at least not in my '97.

>> is wiring work necessary?

Yep. The stock lights are wired as directional indicators only; some guys have wired them as running lights. It is simply a matter of running a two-wire harness forward and tapping into either the indicator, OR corner/park light.

>> Is there a template to mount them in the factory location?

The guys that have installed snorkles say the snorkle template lays out where the side marker is located. This too should dictate the shape of the hole.

Good luck!

R -

The shape of the hole is pretty looks like it can be pretty much the same shape as the inside edge of the rubber gasket. It is the placement that gets me.

I am thinking of mounting it in the small area of the front fender where there is optional plastic cladding on some trucks. It should work, and placement would be quite simple.

Who has these, and where did you mount them? Any problems?

Rogue,

Slap leather for a snorkel, you want on any way. use the template to position your lamps. I can't think of anything worse than OEM lamps in the wrong dang place :urinate:

I have limited leather to slap.

:doh: I need donations!!!

Dan,

Your side lights are not OEM? If they are, they appear a bit low. What's the deal?

Didn't come from me.

Just to update those waiting on their order - the shipment is supposed to arrive at my local Toyota dealer on the 19th of this month. I rang yesterday and they had not yet received the shipment. At my request they are going to find out if the shipment has arrived at Toyota UK yet. I will keep everyone posted...

Cheers, Jim

For those waiting for their lights. Here is a pic of the position on the wing.

The measurements were taken with flexible tape following the contours of the wing. The vertical is measured from the top edge of the wing to the top left corner of the light. The horizontal is measured from the left edge of the wing to the top left corner of the light.

Cheers, Jim :beer:

Rogue

The hole is not the exact same size as the rubber gasket (see pic) I have traced the hole and can fax you a pic of the size to cut out. Anyone interested, PM me your fax number...

Jim,

It seems as though the hole can be cut to the same size and shape as the inside edge of the rubber gasket. It looks pretty similar to your picture.

You have PM.

I too have a set of marker lights from Aussie but have not yet installed them. My '94 does not have the leads in the harness for the lights. I have a snorkel template that locates the light on the fender. I am scared s#%tless to cut that hole in my fender and not have it work out right although seeing the pics from Jim makes me a little more comfortable.

BMT,

Think General Motors here, "cut to fit, paint to match" :G

Oh, do -H-'s right side first. That way he won't see it every time he gets in or out. ::) .

:beer:

Thanks...I feel soooo much better. :killtard:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom