Side Dish Recipes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Salmon Ceviche

Its more of an appetizer and not really a side dish I suppose...

Thanks to Dan for some awesome guidance and product. This was melt in our mouths goodness.

J
P1030918.JPG
P1030922.JPG

Looks really good J! Like you I like chile peppers in my corn bread. And freshly roasted corn cut from the cob!

Veece,
I have made something similar in the past. But you got to lay down that recipe for Cowboy Caviar.
-Jim

Veece,
I have made something similar in the past. But you got to lay down that recipe for Cowboy Caviar.
-Jim

Its easy...

COWBOY CAVIAR

1- medium onion diced
1- green pepper diced
4-6 Roma tomatoes diced
1- hot pepper of choice ( habanero, serrano, caribe, ...)
1- can of black beans
1- can of corn
1- can of white hominy
2-3 cloves garlic minced
salt and pepper to taste
1- 12 oz can of V8/ tomato juice/ Snappy Tom/ Bloody Mary mix
1-tbsp of lime juice
Sriracha to taste

Stir everything together and enjoy. I usually throw it in the fridge for a couple of hours before serving.

J

We use almost the same recipe for Cowboy Caviar but we add diced avocado, dip in with Scoops chips.

One side dish I make in the summer with grilled chicken is grilled asparagus.
I will blanch the spears for 2 to 3 minutes and toss into an ice bath. Dry and wrap 2 spears with bacon and toss on the grill, maybe hit em with EVOO first.

Did up a Tri Tip the other night and needed a side dish. Hooked up some potato skins! I have also heard of people filling the skins with shredded pork and sauce. I encouraged my youngest (and pickiest) to make up his pizza style. Turned out great.
The scooped out potato mash will make it's way into potato pancakes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom