Show Your Light Setup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I wanted to start this thread because I don’t think one has been started yet, can’t believe it.

I’m interested in installing lighting on my rig and would like to see some ideas of what you guys are doing.

I know the most common will be the front, get out of my way lights, but am more interested in the side, rear, under carriage, camping, interior, backup, ect. You can even post the brand if you’d like.

Please post them how you mounted them as well as the effect at night with them on.

I know how creative all of you are on this forum and please let’s just keep it to topic.

Front is just a RIGID light bar plus 4 9011 bulbs for the headlights.

For camping, I use simple magnetic LED cabinet lights around the hatch and the stove. They actually work really well to light up a cooking and eating area around the tailgate.

00000IMG_00000_BURST20190817090132638_COVER.jpg

I have always considered the lighting on the front of my rig to be primarily for lighting up the road ahead of me, not sending aggresive messages to other drivers. I guess maybe I have it wrong.

Mark...

I BD LP6's as distance lights ( they're insanely bright - can't imagine the Lp9's) as they fit on the ARB - many of the larger lights wouldn't...

I replaced the silly ARB turn signals with Rigid SRM's in a wide beam - essentially fogs but they're on a switch

and on the hood I'm using BD S2 pros on hood hinge brackets from Massive / Massive Metal Shop - they're ditch lights....

for the rear I run BD squadron with a combo pattern mounted to the swing arms on the 4x4 labs bumper...

controlling it with a S-tech 6 switch panel ( S-Tech Switch Systems | Developed, and manufactured in the USA.) mounted in the Ashtray using wits end mounting kit (Late 80 Series Useless Ashtray Insert- SwitchPros)

working on adding rock lights and some camping lights down the road

S2's on hood # 2.jpg

Both 80s have the HIR bulbs in lo and hi beams, plus I have a set of the big 9" Hella rallye fog lamps on each. We drive on a lot of secondary roads strewn with deer, elk, bear and other vehicle-damaging critters and this gets the job done very well. I'm a stickler for lighting, all my cars have upgraded lamps and when I hop in the Cruiser and go to high beams/Hellas always think "now THAT's forward lighting." 27 years like this.

A month ago I replaced the original radiator and while the headlights were off I cleaned the inside of the assemblies which had accumulated a slight fog from oily road air. Now they're crystal clear again and the improvement is visible. Did the same on the Hellas.

On the rear, I have a Hella twin beam work light which has a specific spread pattern and two 55w bulbs in it. It can be manually swiveled but normally faces straight back to light up trailers, dark parking lots or people who forget they have their high beams on and need a gentle reminder. I also have a red rear fog lamp on the back for driving in heavy fog or snow. This has all been in place for a quarter century and I've never needed more lighting.

1128191034a.jpg

KC highlighters converted to led flood beam and KC flex lights for my ditch lights. The fogs and head lights are also KC and I have KC cyclone rock lights right behind the front bumper. Plenty of light out front. Getting ready to do some stuff on the rear soon.

I bought this R.V light. Its LED and dimmable. A little bit on the larger side for where I have it but it has been great. I smile every time I turn it on. Wired to my blue sea fuse box in the side panel.
7D3EAD54-149F-4029-942A-D9E5F731D731.jpeg
FBBB8A34-DF1F-474F-8B29-35C26CABE610.jpeg

I also run 9011 HIRs in the low and hi beams in factory headlights. Aux driving lighting consists of BD LP6 spots on the ARB, Squadron Sports flushed in wide storm lights and S1 ditch lights on the mirrors. S2s handle backup duties and then I’ve got rock lights repurposed on the roof rack as camp lighting around the vehicle.
2B5050EB-8DD9-4B71-99C3-1D45CE27EAC9.jpeg
91CAE646-16A1-4B5B-A39D-7BBD5685E55E.jpeg

I BD LP6's as distance lights ( they're insanely bright - can't imagine the Lp9's) as they fit on the ARB - many of the larger lights wouldn't...

I replaced the silly ARB turn signals with Rigid SRM's in a wide beam - essentially fogs but they're on a switch

and on the hood I'm using BD S2 pros on hood hinge brackets from Massive / Massive Metal Shop - they're ditch lights....

for the rear I run BD squadron with a combo pattern mounted to the swing arms on the 4x4 labs bumper...

controlling it with a S-tech 6 switch panel ( S-Tech Switch Systems | Developed, and manufactured in the USA.) mounted in the Ashtray using wits end mounting kit (Late 80 Series Useless Ashtray Insert- SwitchPros)

working on adding rock lights and some camping lights down the road

View attachment 2156967
Can I please get some more details on your Rigid lights in the turn signal location? Which model are those, how much cutting did you have to do to mount them, and how are they with the angle to the sides? I've been thinking about doing to the same thing on the ARB on my 100. Thanks!

the cutting wasn't too bad - I watched the shop I use do it - there is a mounting tab that was a bit tougher to get but other than that it was about 1/2 " of metal on the end and 3/8" on tacross the bottom nad then touchup epoxy. The lighting actually works nicely with te SRM's ( flood) and throw a ton of light for about 120 degree and maybe 200 feet. The'yre bright enought that I do switch them off for oncoming traffic....

E

the cutting wasn't too bad - I watched the shop I use do it - there is a mounting tab that was a bit tougher to get but other than that it was about 1/2 " of metal on the end and 3/8" on tacross the bottom nad then touchup epoxy. The lighting actually works nicely with te SRM's ( flood) and throw a ton of light for about 120 degree and maybe 200 feet. The'yre bright enought that I do switch them off for oncoming traffic....

E
Cool. That sounds like a good option for that location. Thank you!

Both 80s have the HIR bulbs in lo and hi beams, plus I have a set of the big 9" Hella rallye fog lamps on each. We drive on a lot of secondary roads strewn with deer, elk, bear and other vehicle-damaging critters and this gets the job done very well. I'm a stickler for lighting, all my cars have upgraded lamps and when I hop in the Cruiser and go to high beams/Hellas always think "now THAT's forward lighting." 27 years like this.

A month ago I replaced the original radiator and while the headlights were off I cleaned the inside of the assemblies which had accumulated a slight fog from oily road air. Now they're crystal clear again and the improvement is visible. Did the same on the Hellas.

On the rear, I have a Hella twin beam work light which has a specific spread pattern and two 55w bulbs in it. It can be manually swiveled but normally faces straight back to light up trailers, dark parking lots or people who forget they have their high beams on and need a gentle reminder. I also have a red rear fog lamp on the back for driving in heavy fog or snow. This has all been in place for a quarter century and I've never needed more lighting.
Hey Doug, you have a picture of those 9in Hellas on the front? That’s what I want to get for my truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom