Show Me Your Crack. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Good to see this thread come back up. It’s a good one for the newbies.

Oh damn that’s a nasty one. JimC has block off plates as well. I hear they are more stought than MAF. Think long and hard on the heat riser delete depending on how cold it gets where you are.

Does Jim do them for the intake? I only saw exhaust and the blocking bolt for the j-pipe (?) that connects to the intake. I’m ususally wrong but just don’t remember seeing it. Definitely something I should’ve looked at and or seen the number of times I’ve taken the carb off. Really embarrassing but hopefully someone else will learn. Maybe fixing that and a new manifold gasket will fix my crap vacuum readings.

@CaptClose... you got the block off from Jim right? I’m remembering now that your not desmogged so must be you only got the exhaust plate right?

Did not see any cracks in the manifold the past Fall when I desmogged the rig. Curious if spraying carb cleaner on a running engine would expose a manifold crack evident of the rise in RPMs. Prior to my desmog project, I had a significant vacuum leak. Carb cleaner would easily cause an increase in RPMs with running engine. After desmog, no more increase in RPMs with carb cleaner but I might still have a slight leak. Need to explore with the smoke test.

@CaptClose... you got the block off from Jim right? I’m remembering now that your not desmogged so must be you only got the exhaust plate right?

Actually, I’m completely desmogged. However, I did get the EGR blockoff plate from Jim C. As far as I know, he doesn’t sell the heat riser block off plate. I left my heat riser in play though.

Manafre does sell one though. I think they even have a heated plate option too, for cold weather. Not sure if it’s been discontinued or not.

Additionally, Cruiser Outfitters sells them, or at least used to, they still might. Here is a link.

Heat Riser Block Off Plates for your F/2F

Actually, I’m completely desmogged. However, I did get the EGR blockoff plate from Jim C. As far as I know, he doesn’t sell the heat riser block off plate. I left my heat riser in play though.

Manafre does sell one though. I think they even have a heated plate option too, for cold weather. Not sure if it’s been discontinued or not.

Additionally, Cruiser Outfitters sells them, or at least used to, they still might. Here is a link.

Heat Riser Block Off Plates for your F/2F

How did you manage the intake egr below the carb?

Remove it entirely. Mine was pinch welded by PO. Ugly and def was leaking cuz it was greasy black.
There’s a block off plate you can add w/ a gasket. Looks like Jim has it but not in stock right now. I went w/ the MAF one.
Then either leave the heat riser plate intact or cut it down so when it spins it won’t hit a block off plate you install between the intake and exhaust.

How did you manage the intake egr below the carb?

I used the Man-a-fre EGR inlet plate with the integrated PCV port. I think it’s the cleanest looking solution. It also allows you to save your original equipment to re-smog it later if you wish to.

73B6706D-3988-4199-8DA2-A75C5DC2BCEA.jpeg

^^^ that’s what I meant. Way easier to understand once you see a photo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom