After 16 years, she died on me ... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@John McVicker

Chyna !

Also, better with a 5/16" inlet/outlet (8mm). The 3/8" is a tight squeeze.

Under 10k miles. Not even 1000k mi a year

I picked up a Tacoma in September and my cruiser has been neglected since about October. Charged the battery and took it for a spin this past weekend without issue - I was expecting something to go wrong, esp with gas sitting that long without stabilizer, but no issues so far. I plan to take it for a ride every 2 weeks if possible. Just don't have the love these days for it like I used to. Some of those BaT prices are attractive....

I picked up a Tacoma in September and my cruiser has been neglected since about October. Charged the battery and took it for a spin this past weekend without issue - I was expecting something to go wrong, esp with gas sitting that long without stabilizer, but no issues so far. I plan to take it for a ride every 2 weeks if possible. Just don't have the love these days for it like I used to. Some of those BaT prices are attractive....

Yeah, I hear you. I drive the '23 Taco or an old '01 Corolla (gas mileage) as DD so the 60 sits, but I do at least try and start it every few weeks and let it warm up to operating temp and run the A/C. I don't get it out on the road much, as I park it my backyard (neighbors love that :rofl:) and it takes 4wd (really) to get it in-n-out of the yard, but in Los Angeles, I'm too worried about some fine young 'Youths' stealing it off the street...

I don't think I'd ever sell her, though. Too much work and money into it and I need my zombie apocalypse vehicle for when the Black Swan event happens: Believe me, nobody wants to be in a Large Blue City after its inhabitants have gone two days without eating or water. I had my eyes opened WIDE when I was living at the epicenter of the 1994 Northridge Earthquake, and saw how people acted, during, immediately after, and even when things were relatively calm. Today, it would be a bloodbath :rimshot: ;)

Were you running regular fuel? Could the ethanol in regular have congealed in the filter from sitting since Nov.?
Maybe calls for a drive to burn through that tank. That shouldn't take more than an hour.
They have stabil that's supposed to help ethanol, 360 or something like that, I try to add it to every tank, since dontiknow how much I'll drive it.

Last edited:
They have stabil that's supposed to help ethanol, 360 or something like that, I try to add it to every tank, since dontiknow how much I'll drive it.
Another reason I pay the extra to use only non ethanol fuel in my 62. Better long term stability, less possibility of corrosion or damaging rubber fuel system components (especially in pre-2000 vehicles), and a noticeable improvement in engine smoothness in my 62 (though I will admit I don't notice much, if any, difference in performance and smoothness in newer vehicles when I use ethanol free).

Last edited:
SpikeStrip, just wanted to say your thread just saved my booty.
Bought and threw in a decent Beck Arnley fuel filter, after reading this thread.

Cheap fram fuel filter cracked, letting air in, 60 died like I threw a switch.It was 4 years old, maybe 500 miles.

Had filter in truck already. thanks to this thread!

20 min later (diagnosis) and it's running.

PXL_20240328_232318451.jpg

Last edited:
Best fuel filter is the OE from Toyota. It's made by Kyosan (same as OE fuel pumps) and is not available aftermarket. All the aftermarket I looked at didn't even come close to the filtering capacity (amt of filtering media) to the Toyota one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom