Show me hidden winch control box mounting location. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Atwalz

Civil Engineer
Threads
As the title says, I looking for options for mounting winch control box either behind bumper or in the engine compartment. I don't want to install it on top of bumper. Thanks.

Warn M12000 on an ARB Deluxe bumper for my 2011 LC. Slee did the install and was able to make a simple bracket for my combo. YMMV.

I believe @MScruiser also has a hidden M12000 but on a TJM bumper.

IMG_20171116_144036.jpg

IMG_20171116_144023.jpg

That's pretty slick. How do you engage the clutch or is it clutchless?
There's a 'trapazoidal' (?) shaped opening over the clutch arm just like the one over the contractor pack plug. I'm sitting at the world's longest red light on Colorado Blvd otherwise I'd send a pic ;) but hope that answers your question.

Edit: pics of clutch lever added

IMG_20171116_163127.jpg

IMG_20171116_163117.jpg

Last edited:
I have a hidden ZEON Platinum 12S is a ARB bumper. I remoted the control box to under the hood passager side with a simple bracket.

Can you post a picture of the box and bracket? Thanks

Warn zeon 12 platinum. No relo brackets needed It all fit and wireless remote. I like it

image.jpeg

Just thinkin:

If you are worried about people tampering with the control...that was a major reason I decided to try the Platinum (wireless only) version of the Warn Zeon (Same as WillyB). I liked the no-tampering factor. -The fact that it's wireless means that there is no way anyone can release the clutch without the remote. Knuckeheads in the area have been known to release winch clutches, and pull/wrap cables all over the place, which can be seriously not cool. I had a co-worker who had some idiot do that to his truck/winch. He hopped in after dark and dis serious damage to his truck and the two cars some punk wrapped his cable around. Sheesh.

The reason I mounted mine on the bumper surface (even though there is room inside) is because the wireless receiver is in the that box...so keeping it higher on the vehicle makes sense to avoid submersion and wireless issues. I recently learned that that's why Warn also offers an antenna relocation to mount under the hood or higher--in case you are in deep water. I may add that upgrade at some point, though deep water crossings are not exactly a major issue near me... :)

They can also unspool, slice your rope and walk off with your $140 Factor55 link.

Exactly!

That's the only downside of the FlatLink I'm using. They can't release my clutch and pull, but if they were really determined, they could slowly dig their way through the half-shrouded line where it grabs the pin on the FlatLink..

Might be a reason to consider the ProLink or Splicer bc completely shroud the line.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom