Should I have these repairs @ 91,000kms (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi there all, I just got a 91 hdj81 VX Limited and Im new to the forum. I know, I know.....:flipoff2: ME!

My hdj81 is in vancouver getting nessesary repairs @ ATEB to pass inspection and be registered. I have not even seen the beast yet. Im quite concerned as to the repairs that the guys @ ATEB have done on my truck. I am very confident that they are trustworthy mechanics as they have a great reputation and I do not question their report on my truck. However I am questioning the truck itself. It is suposed to have 91,000kms, it was a one owner, no accidents, full service history truck with a Auction grade of 4 (confirmed by terra 2 imports guy in Japan). I was thinking Ive got one of the best 81's in the country! Here is a list of issues with the truck that have been found NOT including typical stuff that should be done like BEB's, timing belt, compliance, fluid changes ect.

- Replace clutch Fan (sticky)

- Panhard bushing

- Front and rear sway bar link bushings

- Tie rods (one was missing the nut on top and only had a wire through the hole)

- Rear brakes (the discs can only be turned one more time)

- King pin bearing

- Front knuckle axle seal

- Wheel bearing seal

- Hub gasket and Hub flange

- There is one shock starting to leak a bit

So my question to everyone is if the mileage of the truck seems to be Bull S*** for all these things to be worn out at 91,000kms. Has the OD been replaced of rolled back? Do I have a truck that really has 290,000kms? My 98 tacoma has 220,000kms and all that stuff is tight as a drum. (By the way, my tacoma is for sale! Check craigs list kelowna if your interested)

The trucks physical appearence is supposed to be that of 91,000 with no wear on the seats or any exterior damage at all, however I have not seen the truck yet so I cant confirm this.

Please voice your opinions and experience. Thanks.

CHEERS!

For a 17 year old truck with mostly stop and go Japanese city driving, sound just about right.
More important than mileage is the way, or how it was driven.
I've driven with people who drag race between stoplights, jam on the brakes and wonder why they need new rotors/pads every 20K while mine last 50k.

BTW sounds like a great truck, my next one will be a diesel 80 series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom