Should I be worried about rust buying a 200-series? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got good looking one in Houston. Little rust but a little bit of fluids on the skid plate. Fully serviced at LX. Any
Im not an expert on what will fit AHC, let alone with the 20” wheels. Pretty sure you can go at least an inch taller, possibly 2 or 3.

What I do know is the lack of KDSS arm in the front actually buys you some room for larger and wider tires.. or so I’ve read.

Tons of discussion on this board of your options. Also look up the tire and wheel database
I’ve used DCU with great success in the past, but keep in mind it’s a “hard pull” and only lasts 30 or 45 days, I believe. If you don’t use it then it will hang out a few months before it drops off.
Cool. I'll check them out. Thx.

Can you do your own maintenance on the vehicle?

Likely some. Havn't turned a wrench in years but I built a small block back in high school and installed some semi-custom airbag suspension for a tacoma I lowered in high school (I know, I know. I was a kid...).. I think I'll likely do the oil at wherever because its cheap and needs it often but might do transfer case and diff changes myself. Maybe other fluids too. Depends how involved it is. I did all the detailing and fixing creature comforts on the MDX I just dumped to make this happen but I was always scared to touch it becuase I've never worked on a modern engine.

Why do you ask?

There was a spotless all AZ Lexus service LX for $28k on Friday. Had 125k mikes on it, 2010. I briefly considered it but black is my last color choice for desert pinstripes. It sold quick, but they do pop up. My truck spent 1st 5-6 years in NY before moving to AZ, and I’m still dealing with rust issues.

924200D8-FAA3-4663-BD1A-955CDF5040E9.jpeg

There was a spotless all AZ Lexus service LX for $28k on Friday. Had 125k mikes on it, 2010. I briefly considered it but black is my last color choice for desert pinstripes. It sold quick, but they do pop up. My truck spent 1st 5-6 years in NY before moving to AZ, and I’m still dealing with rust issues.

View attachment 2215002

Wow. That’s a lot of money but it goes to show how rare even the good LX’s are becoming. Lots of LX’s out there but not many good ones out there. The devil is in the details so buy smart!

Wow. That’s a lot of money but it goes to show how rare even the good LX’s are becoming. Lots of LX’s out there but not many good ones out there. The devil is in the details so buy smart!
yeah the history was pretty much as good as they get. 1 owner, zero accidents, sold and serviced it's entire life at the same dealership in Scottsdale AZ. For that I'd say it was a pretty good bargain.. sold real quick.

Well, I've got bad news. Or maybe good for you guys. We drove a LX yesterday and we're out. I forgot how terrbible the seating design is. It's essentially carried over unchanged from the 100-series. My wife looked at it and said - "You mean, you'd have to build something to go over the seats so we can sleep in it?, won't that take up a lot of room in the car?". She's right. We'd either be constantly pulling a sleeping platform in and out, removing the third row seats and putting them back in, etc. We can sleep in the back of a GX just like we did in our MDX. We also use the third row several times a year ferrying kids around. Looks like we're getting a GX.

Well, I've got bad news. Or maybe good for you guys. We drove a LX yesterday and we're out. I forgot how terrbible the seating design is. It's essentially carried over unchanged from the 100-series. My wife looked at it and said - "You mean, you'd have to build something to go over the seats so we can sleep in it?, won't that take up a lot of room in the car?". She's right. We'd either be constantly pulling a sleeping platform in and out, removing the third row seats and putting them back in, etc. We can sleep in the back of a GX just like we did in our MDX. We also use the third row several times a year ferrying kids around. Looks like we're getting a GX.

Congrats!

Good for you guys vetting everything out. Always go with what works best for your application.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom