Should i be concerned about this rust? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking at a 2010 Sequoia from WV and the seller sent me these pics of the undercarriage. Seems scary to me, but I'd value a second opinion if it's as bad as it seems. thanks for any input!!

Sequoia2.jpg

Sequoia3.jpg

Sequoia1.jpg

Personally, I think this looks fine. I think you still want to double check the person's selective photos and get the car on a lift & then inspected at a dealer or mechanic you trust. Usually $100.

Or get the car on jack stands, and then roll under it and poke at the frame with a screwdriver (with permission). Make sure it feel around areas you can't see with your hand.

It looks shiny as if it was either cleaned or sprayed on recently, which you may want to ask about. There are some spots you can clean up.

I can’t get past what looks like the exhaust piping broken free from the muffler.

But yes, I’d want more / better pics & a carfax of where it has lived. I think it spent a few years seeing Winter ‘seasoning salt’ - somewhere.

The rust on the structure isn’t the big PITA, it’s the rust when you break bolts doing shocks, brake work - that stuff.

2hr jobs become a full day & 2 trips into town for E-Z outs, Dremel HSS bits, ordering new bolts from the dealer, etc.

2010 Sequoias aren’t dirt cheap, so unless it’s crazy cheap I‘d slow-walk this one, get all the info esp if you want to keep it longterm.

Good catch on muffler! Also looks like a lot of oil on rear crossmember leaking rear pinion?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom