Shopping for a 2020- Any tips for a good price? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all! The wife and I are getting ready to buy a 2020 as I love the new dash cluster. It is the same as my 2018 Tundra with speedo, tire pressure, etc. We are not looking at the ‘19 s for this reason even though some serious deals can be had on leftovers. So, with that being said, any good ideas on getting a better price? Tried Trucar and see about 3-$4000 off sticker. Costco was directing me to the same dealer so that isn’t really an option. Ideas?

Thanks in advance! This is the intended vehicle.
9E166AA7-4319-4A94-8BA1-06A3090008EE.jpeg
Th

I do wish that they had updated that little gauge cluster screen across the entire lineup back in 2015 when they introduced it with the third gen Tacoma. Personally that feature wouldn't be enough of a sole selling point for myself but to each his own. I know on the 2019's and in prior years, it wasn't unusual to get $5-7K off of sticker on a GX pretty regularly. We bought a 2019 back in August (didn't want to wait for a 2020) and we got nearly $6K off of ours. The 2020's just dropped and they have some new features and tech that makes them slightly more expensive and obviously more sought after as the face lift has renewed some market interest after what was becoming a very stale design. I would assume that this spike in demand would also keep discounts down for time being, but who knows. Hopefully someone who has shopped one and/or purchased a 2020 recently will chime in with their findings.

Tex68w-

The new gauge cluster is one of those things that once you live with it, you don’t want to live without. I had it my 2016 Tacoma and then in my 2018 tundra. I don’t care for the 2019 Dash but to each their own.

I also like the new blackish wheels and the new steering wheel.

You have some nice rides by the way!

Tex68w-

The new gauge cluster is one of those things that once you live with it, you don’t want to live without. I had it my 2016 Tacoma and then in my 2018 tundra. I don’t care for the 2019 Dash but to each their own.

I also like the new blackish wheels and the new steering wheel.

You have some nice rides by the way!

IDK, we have it in the LX570 and I rarely ever mess with it other than to reset my trip and fuel economy and I do the same thing with the older dot matrix screen in our 2019. The digital speedo is a nice feature, I'll give it that, I've had one on almost every vehicle I've owned in the past 5-7 years (been a lot of them lol) and it's mind boggling that they failed to put one on the GX for so long. The new wheels definitely do look better but aftermarket looks even better and is almost a necessity with lift and larger tires in order to get the proper offset and back spacing. The steering wheel is more attractive but not any better in function, we have the same one in the LX.

The only thing on the 2020's I am really jealous of are the newer headlights and I am pretty sure they are a direct swap should I want to trade mine out in the future. The lights on the 2019 are in no way bad performers, they're just a little more dated looking. Like I said, to each his own, I like the screen but I'd take the deeper discounts on a 2019 over the screen if it were me. That said, if they are discounting the 2020's $4K+ then it's a no brainer.

I've never bought a new vehicle, but I've read that buying on the last day of the month, and if at all possible on a rainy day, you'll find salesmen who are desperate and will deal. Just a thought.

I'm buying one for wife right now. $7-8k discounts easy on a $57-58k premium model.

I'm in the Baltimore/Philly area.

GX460fan - I see you are in NJ. I just bought one yesterday in NJ. $8k off on $58k msrp with no bogus fees.

Let me know if you are still looking. I can send you details.

I'm not sure, but I purchased my 2019 last Sept for 10 K off MSRP (almost 20% discount). This included the 3 K rebate. I didn't like the new grill so went with a '19.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom