Shok transmission HDJ100 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys, I have a situation, maybe you can help me. The subject is HDJ 100, 4.2 engine, 204 hp, manual gearbox. When 1 start I feel a short shok in transmission and almost every time when I change the speed. In plus, when I change from 1st to second speed it's happens extremely hard especially when the engine is cold. Do you have some ideea what can be?
Thanks in advance!

I think most here are unfamiliar with the 4.2 and manual transmission. I certainly don't know anything about them.

With that said, a slight hesitation in lower gears when cold sounds like a failing coil pack on the UZJ100.

Try greasing your driveshaft u-joints/slip joint. Other than that, could be something with your clutch, motor/tranny/subframe mounts, or driving technique.

Thanks for answers guys, can i see a photo with that drivershaft U-joints/slip-joints?
I saw that if I release the clutch pedal easy the shock is not so bad but even when I don;t move, press the clutch pedal, put in 1st gear I hear the sound of that shock, and the clutch pedal is still press

Sounds like maybe your clutch is worn out or you have a problem with your transmission. Will the engine stall if you release the clutch in first gear with your foot on the brake? When you release the clutch, it should start to engage about half way through its travel (pedal travel). Does it feel like it's engaging higher than half way?

Thanks for answers guys, can i see a photo with that drivershaft U-joints/slip-joints?
I saw that if I release the clutch pedal easy the shock is not so bad but even when I don;t move, press the clutch pedal, put in 1st gear I hear the sound of that shock, and the clutch pedal is still press

OK, next call for FAQ topics: "Drivetrain"!

I hope this helps. I am honestly not sure if you have the same driveshaft u-joints/slip joint as the automatic LC.

Hi guys, i'm back with news, so....that shock came from end of shaft and shaft cover. I don't know how to explain in english but i insert some photos to see what was the problem.
Now the rig going very fine.

Extra I mount a winch, 13.000 lbs
16523283_10154535817453640_584285978_o.jpg
16593855_10154535817473640_1720664940_o.jpg
16651198_10154538837448640_1195825653_o.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom