Builds Shipwreck (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Installed
RgIRXgU.jpg
I have serious shop envy!

I have serious shop envy!

I'm beyond blessed - move from sodom on the sound to here.... and got the dream shop. Yeah, it's a long way from pulling a motor under a douglas fir with 3 feet of snow on the ground so I could make it to work the next day....

today's start of task ... clean the 'back room' or 'long term' project space
GNFb2yrh.jpg

you can see more floor - my goal in all of this is Buick and Fiat in the back, Buick wagon in the middle and lawn equipment at the door. The wagon is going to take 2 spaces because I'm taking the body off the frame.... the other goal is all parts for each project in one spot... and I'm getting there, but it is taking a world of time
I'm either going to fill that field with cars or fruit trees.... or maybe both
Xo87C6zh.jpg

love the shelving, need to get some kind of lift device to get stuff on that top shelf
uFRFcSvh.jpg

perspective shot, looking from the door into the shop
HyfuiLJh.jpg
1659935054596.gif

time for its winter coat
IbwQbjHh.jpg

did 2 things this year, first, powder coated the top bows
pJ982Vrh.jpg

and also ordered hinges that make it easier to swap doors.... which I'm waiting for... but outside of that - it's ready for snow
rUDElb5h.jpg

and as of now, I've owned this 8 years... this is going to get a 4x4 stable mate (86 Blazer on tons) but I can't imagine why I'd ever sell it....

I have my 40 for sale finally... No interest unfortunately.

I don't want to hijack this awesome thread... Could you message me a link to your fj40 for sale?

and let me wash that taste out a bit with this
4pGmQCHh.jpg

only problem with it is it isn't mine.

Did you find the 60 we brought outside of west hall by any chance?

Since I’m building with the 18 inch stretched tub, the metal hard top should be easier to extend or is the quality too sub-par and I’m better off combining two used fiberglass tops?
I think Dynacorn could use some lessons.... but keep in mind, this is a 'finished' product - not an EG coated part so caveat emptor is going to fully apply here.

With that said, the metal top wasn't too thin to be a problem for what you suggest.

Did you find the 60 we brought outside of west hall by any chance?
yes, and the words I posted with this picture was "the only problem with this is I don't own it"

h3CzZwFh.jpg

there was also a FJ40 in the builder competition... would be really surprised if it won, but it certainly belonged
xh2t5ywh.jpg

and before I get grief.... it was a fantastic resto mod, but it was competing against rigs where the money spent on the '40 would have barely been a down payment.
For example
this started life as a 48 Chevrolet farm truck
dRJW0mrh.jpg

NjNB1KMh.jpg

and this a first gen Blazer that probably doesn't have a part on it from GM
FaRzoHUh.jpg

FvcZtnjh.jpg

16kcdERh.jpg

with a 1200 hp LS for power....
there were at least 4 vehicles that were at that level - that said, IMO he was not last.... so there is that...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom