Builds Shipwreck (15 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I really like the rear seat and storage idea. I will have to do something similar for mine when I get that far.
Thanks!

I really needed hidden, secure rifle chainsaw* storage - and this works perfectly for that... nice that Toyota designed the '40 wide enough for rifles between the wheel wells.

*any firearm was lost in a tragic boating accident and any mention of said items is purely accidental...

onward
xpWnZxbh.jpg

latch plate in place
su0SK4yh.jpg

Metric tires for a 4x4.. well I never heard of such a thing... I really need to cut back on the Vice Grip Garage - Derek talks like my grandpa did (he was from Minnersota as well)... and I'd mimic him... this is not good. ah well....

But they were $100 less than bias ply tires and they're both Toyo AND radial.... I'll try to completely recoup my cost by selling the current tires - likely I'll get 1k out of them.... all for better mileage and better drivability. 385/75 16 ....

Without stirring the pot too much - I need to point something out. Any of my builds, I get bored pretty easily, so I need to muscle through the doldrums of the build... usually that's the 2nd day of disassembly until I paint the frame. Anything between those two points can be the death of a project. Once I get the frame painted, somehow it trips a mental switch that keeps me working on it for another 3 years..... the only other 'thing' is it must be drivable in 2 years... outside of those two things - I sometimes short cut so I keep the time frame. The box I just completed and the tire carrier are two such things - I tempenanteded them knowing to circle back wouldn't be too terrible. I bring this up because it works for me - and perhaps it can work for you too.....
Anyway, carrying on
Narrowing in on marking this 'done' the latch
yohfKVBh.jpg

3HmhTulh.jpg

qzFT7Egh.jpg

spare fuel
m4wYG5Uh.jpg

bPj470ih.jpg

still have no idea where the plate is going
ZgXfizkh.jpg

paint
HFrfcEFh.jpg

Xbx0rXsh.jpg

there is still question about the traction mats - I'm thinking of buying a snowboard/ski rack then adapting.... also, if moving happens, I'll be using this as my ski vehicle

Still thinking of moving to the Great White North Middle?

If you do then you will need to change the name from Shipwreck to Snowwreck or Avalanche.

lots of things need to happen, but yes.... if we can we will.
as for name change.... why you so spun up about it. They were wrong, but they don't matter.... fact is, they never did.

Name change? Well if you leave the "nautical" region for a "snow" region... Ooooo, maybe "YetiWreck" ;)

lots of things need to happen, but yes.... if we can we will.
as for name change.... why you so spun up about it. They were wrong, but they don't matter.... fact is, they never did.

I really didn't intend to get a bigger tire.... I know, poor me
ljnErOnh.jpg

breaking bolts
Ii0SrEeh.jpg

assembled
rDy37Kdh.jpg

installed
ef0k4H1h.jpg

I got 1 done in 3 hours.... thank the good lord for the tire machine I bought... what a life saver (and it's trying to kill me because these are not easy to toss onto the machine
but first the error part of trial
owx0mQrh.jpg

no picture of throwing it on upside down for a first fail
olU7vcQh.jpg

for those who wonder how I balance these... 12 oz of daisy bbs
ByjoRmih.jpg

it works quite well
jxvJFxAh.jpg

this is number 2 mostly done.... need bolts
QYPLEvhh.jpg

for those in the area, the swampers will be for sale.... they have .4905 of an inch of tread - new is 21/32 so they're basically 75% tread.. no slashes, no plugs, no patches, no missing chunks $850.... new is $450/tire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom