Builds Shipwreck (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I touched it then put it away
I love those $10 video probes that hook up to your phone.... don't like the answer
JerSWIzh.jpg

I need to replace at minimum the pickup and figure out how to get the POR 15 tank coating out. Which I did.... new tank, aeromotive in-tank fuel pump. to be continued when parts arrive

So a comment - I firmly believe in the progress not perfection way of building. I tried to save money on the TBI (didn't but learned a ton), but also used the old tank (which was questionable at best and always leaked). It ran for 4 years like that, I had a few bux so I put what I wanted at the start.... new tank. Not going to move the batteries and tank - in the end because I moved the axle further back there just isn't enough room for a decent size tank behind the axle.... not suggesting the stock tank is decent sized, but had I moved it, it would have been 12 gallons - which at this point I barely make 100 miles on 15 gallons (which probably has changed with the FiTech because it went 80 miles on 7 gallons - which is a VAST improvement, but not yet verified). As is normally the case, the sputtering made me think the fuel tank was empty, so I filled it to the brim..... sigh.

At least you figured it out! Can't wait to see the new tank and pump setup. I suspect my tank is going to go at some point soon. Need to be ready.

How is it that FedUp, DHL, and OnTrac are using all the excuses as to why they're a week late delivering but UPS has been on time, every time? my fuel pump was supposed to be here last Thursday, still no. While at the same time, a fuel tank on the slow boat from Texas will be right on time today..... the difference is UPS is delivering that one.

OnTrac jumped the shark last week, the Summit order was one of four that were late. Just Summit promises 2 day delivery.... pesky promise backed by nothing. Again, late doesn't matter, what mattered was Summit taking the 'blame the customer' tact with me.... had they not I probably would have accepted their 10% refund offer (I told them I wanted 30% reduction on this order).

I’ll trade you your shipping problems for an 18 year old. You can even have his attitude.

OnTrac jumped the shark last week, the Summit order was one of four that were late. Just Summit promises 2 day delivery.... pesky promise backed by nothing. Again, late doesn't matter, what mattered was Summit taking the 'blame the customer' tact with me.... had they not I probably would have accepted their 10% refund offer (I told them I wanted 30% reduction on this order).

Is that a "fit any year" tank? Looks nice, but the vents are totally different then a '71's. I have been wondering how much longer mine will last. No visible rust inside, but I do smell gas at the tank drain.

it won’t fit your ‘71 but it will fit mine. You can give it to me.

if you're a purist, it doesn't fit, but it is the correct size and shape to fit in the tank hole. The instructions with it say to loop a hose between those two lines that are next to the filler... the rest are used in the 70 version

it won’t fit your ‘71 but it will fit mine. You can give it to me.

you forget my mantra is beat it to fit, paint it to match and cover it with duct tape... plus, you wouldn't give it a good home... Cool Cruisers certainly helped - metal tanks used to be twice the plastic ones, now they're 'only' 1/3 more.

There are two parts I want to acquire for safekeeping, a windshield frame and a fuel tank. I know I am going to need both at some point.

There are two parts I want to acquire for safekeeping, a windshield frame and a fuel tank. I know I am going to need both at some point.
One of the big reasons I got a new one last year. I wanted a new one while they were still around. That and the laquer in the bottom wouldn’t let gas out. They aren’t free, but having a oem replacement is comforting.
Now I’m staring down an ls swap, cutting the new stock tank for an in tank pump is tough to swallow. Debating on trying to clean the old one up to cut it instead of the new one. Choices...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom