Builds Shipwreck (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

and since you're not answering your emails....

I'm not going this weekend. My dad had surgery last week, was supposed to see him last weekend but he wasn't doing well, so I'm going to Portland instead. Sorry, maybe we can do this in the fall... or you can do it this weekend, Don and company are still going and asked specifically that you'd come...

^^^ Props. Great build.. First time I have looked through your thread. Have to say, I am very jealous. Inspiring thread to keep on with my mild build. Keep up the great posts!
Take care.

Got a care package from Thomas Diaz at Smittybilt today

I had called to basically get a new top for the winch and as an aside I mentioned that the wireless portion worked once. Consecutively. Well, not totally true. It worked once in and out (to set the cable), then after I fussed with it, it worked going in once again... but never again. Apparently there is an issue with the switch.... so they sent me an entire controller, and a new switch for free Blown away. I like smittybilt. They donated to SAR basically because I asked so they always were good folks.... but seeing them match the customer service of Warn makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

switch to replace. Took a bit of love with a file to open the hole up enough but went pretty easily

old switch top, new switch bottom

ran out of time for the install and I may take this opportunity to relocate the box a bit away from danger and hot tubs for next time

2 modules, one day.... after months of it working fine....
then I find this - hmmmm I wonder if I have another burned boot

• Notes: ATTENTION: Click on Bulletin(s) for testing instructions. It is best to test your old parts first. A Wells test sheet bulletin is available for this part. Test sheets work with GENIII testers only. See attached bulletin to identify your tester. A misfire condition can destroy the ignition module. If the engine is or has been misfiring, do not install the new ignition module until after the source of the misfire has been corrected. Check the secondary ignition circuit. Plugs, Plug Wires, Coil(s), Distributor Cap and Rotor. Also check for any camshaft position sensor troublecodes.

and I'm still making friends in the Jeep Community
21728338_10159564827440727_9146362243018084050_n.jpg

so to play catch up.... I still have the issue with the non-start. This time I decided to try to replace the magnetic pickup. I can't imagine it only sometimes working, but I did absolutely nothing else but replace the pickup and it fired up immediately... do I "know" I fixed it? oh hell no, but time will tell.

the offending piece

this was a pain to get back together mostly because I read the instructions and tried it their way first

the old bit

With the spark plug fiasco* under my belt, I'll be checking all the spark plugs in this rig to be sure that isn't what's killing my modules.

*my H3 needed cats to pass smog, (it's a 5.3 LS motor) I replaced them and did a tune up. Then it wouldn't pass smog because it'd smoke a coil in 10 minutes or less.... the problem was one of the new spark plugs was cracked....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom