Shaky at idle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

N

nyk438

When I'm in Drive and not moving it shakes and idles at 500rpms...Only started doing this when I put in a rebuilt alternator after my mudding incident. If I put an alternator thats not rebuilt in would it help?

I put it in my car, it works....Thats the only test I've done. I know it's a rebuilt alternator smaller than the stock one I had in there before it got shot by mud and water...

I know that a 1FZ requires several start-up cycles, after the battery has been disconnected, before the idle returns to "normal". That may also be the case for the 3FE.

It's been this way for almost a month now. Just wondering b/c I am purchasing a used alternator for a 91 cruiser off cruiserparts.net wondering if the rebuilt alt is affecting my low idle...rpms go up when A/C is turned on like norm...

my 1st thought was the same as Dans, becuase the 3fe like the newer motors takes sometime to relarn if the battery is diconected, but not as much as the fzj.

But it seem that isn't it in your case. What is the output volt wise from the re-built alt? what was it rated at for amps? But I can't really see how the alt could be causing it to run rough. I suspect when you were changing the alt somehow you knocked off a vacuum line someplace......which will make it run like crap. I would look hard for a hose off.......there is a buttload of em on a 3fe

Thanks, I'll look for the hose see if thats the problem..it's really been bugging me latley how it idles. Thanks for the help! :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom