Seat options - Factory 1979-84, CCOT new reclining bucket seats, or other? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Do you know what brackets would work for a 68' ? These seats look perfect to me

The seats appear to be mount on stock 73-78 brackets. I mounted stock 74 seated in my 68 and used those brackets. Required trimming the side of the tool box towards the center and spacing the front left out side the tool box.

Thought id update since I said I would. Changed my mind last min and cancled the order on the procars. I didn't see the point buying brand new seats only to spend more money to re-upolster them. I bought these seats off a buddy for $250 and sold the previous ones for $600. They are from a '99 Subaru Impreza. Still plan on re-upolstering them in a while but I think they really dont look bad right now!
IMG_6831.jpg

Seats look great in my opinion.
What did you end up doing about mounting these. Did the factory Subaru sliders mount up?

I need to do this on my May 79 truck, seat prices seem to be out of control.

Seats look great in my opinion.
What did you end up doing about mounting these. Did the factory Subaru sliders mount up?

I need to do this on my May 79 truck, seat prices seem to be out of control.

Thanks, I think so as well.
The PO made it so I’d have to remove the gas tank to to remove the sparco rails. Working on gravel I opted to leave them installed haha… plus he did a nice job with Billet aluminum risers, and the rails are good quality and provide a flat 4 bolt pattern on both sides for mounting.

The Subaru seat rails are too modern and have angled mounting points on the inside of each seat. As well the bolt holes on the seat are a lot wider then the sparco seat. So for the door side of the seat what I did was take the Subaru rail slider off the seat witch gave me 2 holes on the same plane as the rails. All I had to do for that side was make a flat bracket with holes for the sparco rails and holes for the seat.

The Center console side of the seat I kept the Subaru rail mount as it holds that side of the seat together. I then cut right above the actual sliding part of the seat rail and that gave me somewhere i could butt weld an L bracket I made up that went to the sparco rail holes
Then pained it all up black.

Thanks for the detailed explanation, I am looking at some very nice Subaru BRZ seats on the local CL
That helps a lot!

Yeah no worries, if you can’t make the sliders on those seats work I do suggest buying a pair of Sparco ones it’s a pretty nice mechanism and I think they’re relatively cheap off the website

Where did you get the frame/rails? I have the same seats but a PO mounted them on short frame and it doesn't support the CCOT tank I put in. Also the seats are so low the seatbelts only fit super small people. Yours looks higher.
I got the adapters from Procar. Here’s a shot from the other side. These are adapters for the original bucket seats

545A0A56-C47D-4B8B-98D1-54603EB13989.jpeg

Reactions: flx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom