Seat Heater Wiring with Lexus Switches (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Guys, I'm new to the forum so I hope I am doing this correctly. I am recovering my seats in my 97 LX450. I am adding seat heaters. I bought the carbon seat kit from Land Cruiser Heaven. I really want to run horizontal switches in my dash. I got these Lexus RX300 switches from a junk yard. I am trying to figure out how to wire these. This is what I discovered on the bench testing.

-I believe the black/white is the ground.
-the solid red wire lights up the LO w/o the switch engaged
-the red/black wire lights up the HI w/o the switch engaged
-the mint wire turns on the HI with the switch engaged on HI and the same for the LO
-the others are not responding

Someone mentioned that the green/black and green/white are the dimmable backlight, but I'm not sure how to test for that. I am trying to get a wiring diagram from Land Cruiser Heaven so I can join the two together.

So with that being said, what should these colors be connect to? :confused:

IMG_1965.JPG

IMG_1966.JPG

IMG_1974.JPG

IMG_1970.JPG

IMG_1969.JPG

This is another thread with the switches and wiring that might help in this endeavor. You'll notice the connector that's already in his 80 floor harness so he needed to purchase the other "half" of the connector for a nice install.

Someone mentioned that the green/black and green/white are the dimmable backlight, but I'm not sure how to test for that. I am trying to get a wiring diagram from Land Cruiser Heaven so I can join the two together.
i think that was me. now that i'm in front of a computer, with my EWD, here's more

i think those switches are identical to the rear heater:
1681327744772.png

the backlight:
1681328123556.png

none of those colors match, but the pin numbers should help figure it out:
1681327986400.png

i see you have an LX450? i don't think those came prewired on the chassis side, but the prior links should help figure it out.

but now that i'm looking at those RX switches, the connectors are different than the LC heater switches. but i gotta run. good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom