Seat extensions for 100 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Been working on this as I can. Complete bolt in design, uses the factory mounting holes and is one solid rail front to rear. Using a solid rail that contours the floor pan and seat brackets is the only way I see for this to be strong enough to keep the integrity close to the original design and where I'd be comfortable offering it.

All bends, no welding and I'll use a HSLA material.

Still a bit to go, but close.

Jason

View attachment 2101932

I'd buy this in a heartbeat, I'm definitely concerned with the homemade weld + flatbar sticking back approach when it comes to holding the seat (and you) in place in a collision. This seems like a much higher strength approach. Let me put my money where my mouth is please 🤣

-Seth

What he said.

Thanks. Mine is 35 at 6'5. Guess a 100 series would literally not be a good fit for me. FJ62 even worse with stock seating position. However, TLC used to make seat extensions for 60 series many years ago and I was able to get them. Enough leg room for an NBA player now. Well, maybe up to 7'. 8 footers need not apply.

Don’t give up on it, maybe give one a try first. I’m 6’3 and I’ve never even tried to see how far back my seat will go unless I’m cleaning under it. I’m sure I’m no where near fully extended. 100 series has a great upright position with awesome visibility, unless my LX seat tracks are different?

They could have found a better spot for the center diff lock button though....

Interesting.... are the LX seat tracks different? I would be very interested if they are.....
Not sure if they're different, but I'm 5'10" and if I'm bare footed or wearing flops, it's fine. If I'm wearing my work boots, I feel like I need to move the seat another 2" back. Of course, then I'd need to fix my telescoping part of my steering wheel.

Any thoughts on how this may affect reaching the wheel once we extend the rails? I'm 6'7"

No issue for me. I got plenty of arm length to spare.

I have Scheel-Mann Seats in my 80 and I can share with experience at 6'8 with the seats back to the max the wheel does feel too far away. But I guess it also depends on whether or not your height is in your legs or torso! Lol.

I've got 3.75" set in the drawing for adjustment.

Only height increase is the thickness of material of bracket. Undecided on material at the moment.

Price, less than 200.00 powdered and shipped. Price may change depending on final design.

J
How and where do I purchase these gifts from god?

There is a guy that makes front seat jackers for 2nd and 3rd gen Tacomas.

Gives some extra leg swing room.

1608471376778.png

Now that we have figured out the seat angle in this thread - any updates on seat extensions?

This wouldn’t work for me unfortunately, my head is already somewhat near the roof haha.

Mine too (esp because the st000pid power seat broke on the stuck high position, thanks occasional short friends I loan it out to)..... but that said, he says it doesn't really compromise head clearance, and I can believe that, it probably sort of creates more of a bucket/tipped posture like you might find in a smaller sedan. I could see that being a worthwhile trade to get some leg swing?

It might even drop your head a bit, depends on how far forward you lean it normallY?

Link to the other thread with vendor discussion.

@TRAIL TAILOR will you still be making this extension? This is going to be a deal breaker for me at 6’4” on buying the 100. I want it over every other model but need a seat extension solution. Thanks in advance.

Haven't had an issue with the seat back as far as it goes until I drove over 300 miles in one day. Now I finally realize it would sure be nice if the seat went back another couple inches. I know @landtank built them for the 80 but does anyone make them for the 100?
Not sure why this keeps coming up. Remove the front seat, and look at the mounting bracket's. It's an easy fix, using 1 1/8 inch 3/16 thick piece of flat steel. Fortunately my hobby is welding and fabricating. So I welded the new piece allowing about 2 1/2 inches of addition rearward adjustment. I know these photos are not great, but I did this about 2 years ago, and I'm not going to remove the seat just to take new photos. I also cleaned up and painted the steel in the photo.
Lorrie

20200701_190308_resized.jpg

20200701_190437_resized.jpg

Not sure why this keeps coming up. Remove the front seat, and look at the mounting bracket's. It's an easy fix, using 1 1/8 inch 3/16 thick piece of flat steel. Fortunately my hobby is welding and fabricating. So I welded the new piece allowing about 2 1/2 inches of addition rearward adjustment. I know these photos are not great, but I did this about 2 years ago, and I'm not going to remove the seat just to take new photos. I also cleaned up and painted the steel in the photo.
Lorrie

View attachment 2749497

View attachment 2749498
Thanks for the reply, I did see your mod, I was looking for a bolt on solution that looks neat as I’m not a welder, nor can I fabricate something that replicates OEM strength and safety.
Anyone else know of a current bolt on solution to this problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom