Seal kit or individual (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was reading a thread last week and it was talking about getting your seals individually not in a package. was that for an axle service or something else. i cant find it now to check.

this refers to buying the front axle service gaskets as individual components as opposed to the kit. the loose pieces are cheaper than the kit (by quite a bit).

Now, got to go figure out how to feed the dog...... :banana:

I have been doing research on all these numbers. Man-a-fre offers a knuckle kit with or without Koyo wheel bearings. $109(without) $159(with wheel bearing). I think this is a great deal! The kit look like it has all the componets on beowulfs A list.
Anyone used this kit? The cost seems so good but wondering if the overall quaility of the parts are reason for low cost.

Chris
94LC

AZ - you can search through prior posts. Some prefer to save a few pennies and go cheapo on them and some of us prefer quality. :flipoff2: (hard to tell which I choose?).

Seriously - some mofos like the Woodman look at them as disposable 'cause they'll likely break something before they go bad.

I use my beater on and off road and prefer the OEM. Get them from Dan hint hint. :flipoff2:

Thanks for that link it was exactly what i was looking for. Now i am ready to put on my shadetree grease monkey outfit and get busy, as soon as the rain stops of course. ::)

All shadetrees need to be properly outfitted - even those Tylers of the world :flipoff2:

see www.automotiveworkwear.com decent TOYOTA coveralls cheap. Maybe even Cdan don't have any yet :flipoff2:. Funny thing is I wore the jacket one day to the dealer (forgot I had it on) and a ton of customers (there buying cars) were asking me questions. LOL - I told them to buy their cars elsewhere. :flipoff2: (nothing against the repair dudes, but my local parts and sales guys #$#%@$%!#$!#$).

No Jeep tech shirts? I wanted to begin a spree of in dealership destruction. :mad:

I get the MAF kit and use OEM axle seals.

cruiserman,

Did you use OEM on the axle seals because the kit seals were not as good in quality?

Chris

I used the MAF kit and was for warned that they did not include a good axle seal so I subbed in an OEM. Since then others have noted that they got a factory seal in the MAF kit. If using the MAF kit I'd get the OEMs just to be sure as the non OEM seals aren't as good and that is probably the most critical seal you are replacing.

FWIW, next time it will be all OEM.

:D
-B-

[quote author=Beowulf link=board=2;threadid=5085;start=msg39665#msg39665 date=1063167851]
:D
-B-
[/quote]
:flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom