Sea Foam F-up? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The other night I got a wild hair and did the “Sea Foam” thing for my 3FE. I looked at the Haynes manual and I thought that put the Sea Foam in the right PCV hose. Nope- I sucked it through the hose in just behind the oil cap. Don’t know what that hose is called. Went up and in just like the threads said. I realized that I put it up the wrong one after looking the diagrams on the SOR website.

I got a little white smoke and that was about it. Runs a little better. Going to change the oil in the next day or so.

Should I do it again? Could I have screwed up anything? Mass air flow computer?

it says you can put it in the crank case (oil). i've ran that stuff through my 2f fuel, crank case, and my outboard on my boat. works great. i also ran it through my ford superduty and didn't screw up anything. it's magic.

If you sucked up the whole bottle, you should have gotten more than a little white smoke. You probably sucked it up into the crankcase...no big deal, just change your oil. It will actually make it better and breakdown the buildup in your oil system. You'll probably see some nasty oil. Run another half can can through through the right hose (brake booster or PVC), then throw the remaining half in the gas tank, and your 3FE will be very happy.

Yep- I put 3/4 in the gas tank- 1/2 up in the tube - 1/4 in the oil fill cap and the rest in the old 4 runners gas. - I had two bottels- I know that it will work wonders. I am just concerned about my mechanical ineptness and sending it up the wrong tube. The motor only has 80K on it.

Did you suck it intake direction, or crank direction? Either way, you're fine. Next time reach way back near cylinder #6 and undo that hose and suck it towards the manifold (little metal pcv valve should be stucking up, and you suck through the hose that was over the valve).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom