scariness ensues... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

we have a winner!!!!
:D

yea, I think they are made for an auto machine. I don't know. They work though!!!

try to get your old ones that shiny :D

Chris,
Did you get the new terminals that you ran inside the old OEM connectors from Waytekwire? If so, do you happen to remember the part #'s ?
Thanks Again

definately deserves the stars

I think this is one of the best threads on reworking a wiring harness so after the suggestion to make it stick.. here you go:grinpimp:

Now where are all those other techy threads on projects people are doing???? (including myself, :doh: ) great work Chris, can't wait to see your 40 on the trail..

now are you gonna wire you other project 40 or sell it to me???

Awesome work! I also used Waytek stuff when I switched out my 1971 rear cross member to a 1974 meaning I had to rewire the rear harness to accomdate the newer taillights. The weather-pak connectors rock and are easy to repair.

I have some questions. Where did you get the paint stripeing pens? Did you stripe the entire length of the wire? Care to share HOW you did that? Is the stripe permanent, ie not easy to rub off?

Last, WHERE did you get the connectors? I know Waytek offers several type.

Again awesome job.

The connectors are an AMP terminal I tracked down. I think I got them from digikey but I'll have to check.
paintmarkers Are Dykem industrial Britemark 40 from durablesupply.
The markers work ok. dark colors do better than white/yellow/red, but you can still see them. Quite permenant and oil solvent resistant. If you dig into the harness anywhere along the line you'll see the stripe and know what the wire is.

I striped the whole wire with a sophisticated 4 finger process whereby I drug the wire between my fingers and under the marker :D worked ok, although some kind of jig would be better. fingers require no fabricaion time though :D

I thought I had issues in the garage...........Holy crap!!!

You need to put a part number list together for everyone.....

I know the 4-finger jig, I had the kid pulling wire on one end while I held the pen,. Looked like I was taking a hit from a glass pipe I was looking at it so closely....But it worked!

Gret job!

Chris,
I just read the post where you said you have everything working, lights-wise, except for the flashers? I had the same problem years back and somehow discovered that putting the turn signal switch in the 'on' position (l or r) with the flasher knob pulled allowed the 4-ways to flash? Don't ask me why it works this way, but it does and it passes PA inspection like this, even today. PFM, I guess?
Nice work on the re-wiring too, BTW.
Mike in PA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom