Say Hello and Intrduce yourself. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

snafu,

Welcome-Check the February highlights post below. Dues can be brought to McGees on 4th & Colorado at the next meeting. You can also mail them in!

GW

Hi all! My wife and I moved back to the Western Slope from the east coast last August and recently acquired her father's 1978 FJ40. We are looking forward to metting up with some local Cruiser people and getting back into the scene out here. She grew up in the area and has crawled all over Colorado and Utah in the cruiser so we're excited to get it back on the trail 100%. It's been sitting since 1999 but still runs like a champ, a little tune up / maintenance and we'll be good to go!

cruiser.jpg

--Matt

After meeting a few of you this year again at CM11 I figure its time to intro myself and spend some time in your club's forum.

Corbet Hoover

I live in Durango with my wife Marianne and son Bridger. I've been a Rising Sun member since 2006. I've got a few Cruisers but the only one I really dive is the 1997 FZJ80.

Pic.
7647 resized.jpg

Howdy

Hi there!!

I'm new to the Mud forum and just found this club...not sure if I can belong or not:

I grew up in Palisade, moved away right after high school (GO BULLDOGS!!) Moved back to CO last June...found myself and family up here in Steamboat. I had an awesome '40 while in high school but sadly sold it shortly after :(

Anyways, I bought myself an '87 '60 a few months ago and loving every bit of it. I have not found too many resources up here in the Boat so I was hoping it would be cool to mingle in the club from 'home' - da west side.. LOL

I make it down to junction to see friends and family every couple months, hopefully one day I'll have the courage to take the 60!

Have a great week!

Sorry...forgot to mention that I am not very handy with a wrench....I'm learning tons from this Mud web site though!!! If anybody happens to stroll through Steamboat give me a shout, any expert eye's on what I've done so far would totally awesome!! :)

Last edited:
Well hello there stranger!

Great to see some activity with sone new names on the forum! Welcome Steamboat, Corbet and Oxblood. I would encourage you to Join us at a meeting if it ever matches up with your schedule. We meet @ Naggy's on the 1st Wed of every month.

Corbet It was awesome meeting up with you this year. Hopefully we can all get together this summer!

Bill
:cheers:

Introduction time..my name is Doug and I live in glenwood springs and am fairly new to this great forum and also new to landcruisers. I just purchased my first FJ40 a 75 that is in pretty good condition with the original PO dropping in a TBI 350. I have to admit my head is swimming a little sine the PO stripped the rig and did not mark everything that was removed, but only time will fix that issue. Looking to meet everyone, and if someone lives in the glenwood springs area I would enjoy cracking a few beers and talking shop. Anyhow, glad to meet y'all

Hey guys, my name's Ryan I'm not affiliated with any club yet just picked up my 08 FJC Trail Teams a couple months ago and got back into wheeling after a long hiatus. I live in Glenwood Springs, CO and found out about you guys in a round-a-bout way through a co-worker. Shot a PM to Jon over on Rising Sun when I was hunting for info on Cruise Moab and he directed me over here so I thought I would say hello. I'm looking forward to meeting some of you and running some trails, shoot me a PM if you're in the area and want to go wheelin' or grab a brew.

Ryan, Welcome! We would love to have you down for a run! Check out the calendar sticky and the info thread. Lots of good info in there. We have several FJC owners that are pretty active in the club all with very built trucks. The are good sources of info on what works/what doesn't for those trucks. We look forward to meeting you.

Hi everyone,

My name is Aric, my wife Erin and I also live in Glenwood Springs.

I'm not yet a paying member but will be sending my check as soon as I get off my a$$.

I've been wheeling in Colorado for 17 years, originally from the Castle Rock area.

I have had a 71 FJ55, 78 FJ55, 79 FJ55, 82 FJ40, 85 FJ60, 71 FJ40 FST, 64 FJ45LV and currently drive a 97 FZJ80 CE and the wife has a 98 LX470.

I went on the last Cruisin Coffee with Jonathan and am really excited to become part of this club!!:beer::beer:

Aric
It was great to be able to go wheeling with you. We look forward to seeing you at the next one!

Ryan, Welcome! We would love to have you down for a run! Check out the calendar sticky and the info thread. Lots of good info in there. We have several FJC owners that are pretty active in the club all with very built trucks. The are good sources of info on what works/what doesn't for those trucks. We look forward to meeting you.

Nice! I still have 40k of warranty so I plan to leave the truck pretty stock for a while. Aric and I test fitted the 33's on FJC steelies off his 80 yesterday and they clear nicely so I will be ordering some 285/75/16's here soon. I have a couple pieces of AllPro skid plating already and plan to finish up the full undercarriage set before summer. Beyond that I plan to do bumpers, roof rack and RTT and call it good* until its paid off.

*thats the plan, we'll see how well I stick to it after Cruie Moab and drooling over built rigs for a few days

:whoops: Just realized I never did a formal intro.

Anyway my name is Doug and live in Cedaredge with my wife Susie and D.W. the dawg. I drive a '08 Trail Team FJ Cruiser that is set up for "Overlanding", but like to get out on moderate level trails with it as well, I guess its my adventure vehicle and just enjoy wandering the west with it.

Looking forward to getting out with the other Bookcliffers this year, already got a good start on the Dome Plateau trail run.

Found your club thru Hugh at Safari Ltd. Funny story on that one!! Friended Jonathan on facebook on a Friday and ran onto him on ****'s Revenge trail in Moab the next day without any planning or talking to eachother. Moved from California to the Roaring Fork Valley(Carbondale) a few years ago to pursue the dream of being a fishing/hunting guide. While in California built a TJ with a custom trailer to run Rubicon and Fordyce trails. Also volunteered with the machanic crew for the Rubicon Jeepers Jamboree. The wife sold the Jeep :doh: so I was out of the offroad scene for awhile.

So just this last spring picked up the new project a 97 Toyota 4runner with a supercharger for some fun. Looking forward to meeting more club members on future runs and at Cruise Moab in May. I see there are a few of us here in the Roaring Fork Valley, we should get together to talk shop and have a beverage. The last club I was in had a once a month wrench fest/ meet and greet, just an thought.

:cheers:

Matt

Welcome Matt :cheers:

Glad to see your post and to read your heading to Cruise Moab. There should be a quite a few of us there.

Your welcome to stop in at any of our monthly meetings or join us if you see us posting up a trail run. Anything I can answer for you please let me know. :grinpimp:

Bill

Hey guys,
My name is Gary, I live here in Moab. '96 Landcruiser w/lockers, 4" lift, 315 tires. I have a 2.5 yr old son that rides along.

If your ever doing a run over here, let me know, and I'll try and tag along.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will do Gary, our travels regularly take us into Utah during the winter, keep an eye here and on our Facebook page for trip updates and the calendar. Same goes for you if you visit GJ.

I say, if a fella were moving to Durango, would this be the right club to join?
Seems awful quiet in here. :D

Thanks- Josh

^ Oh no, BCC is going to be overwhelmed by chat!

Durango is an odd place in that you are almost equidistant from at least 3 clubs. There are residents in all 3 of them. You are welcome up to GJ anytime! We are no Rising Sun (that may be part of the appeal) but have a great member base and several very active members. We do monthly runs and cover a ton of miles emphasizing overnight trips to Eastern Utah and the Rockies west of the divide.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom