Builds SAS 89 Mini--Triple cased Mashed Potato (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sew jew get them new rollers from Memphis? Settle on tars?

Not in hand yet, currently in Nashville waiting for Nicks arrival in a few weeks.

On the hunt for 39 reds, might have a set in knox but uncertain right now.

You mean in Memphis???

Now just waiting for blingy wheels...

50599600_2571564122860770_842190275827728384_n.jpg

You ever get dem tars and wheels mounted up?

got 2 wheels mounted this evening, will bolt to truck this weekend or as soon as I get the new front axle put together.

been wheeling on a bent housing for months, which is the 2nd one I've bent. This one I beefed up quite a bit more than the last so we'll see how long it lasts.

Don't think I took any pics but gusseted the crap outta this thing and replaced the factory studs with 3/8 fine thread bolts. If this one bends... yada yada.

On a good note, sold the wheels that came with the Reds and have a buyer for my current wheels so I'll have a grand total of $600 in my tars, not bad I'd say.

finally

new wheels, new (to me) tars, new axle housing. Pushed the axle 1.5 inches forward for better approach angle.

20190316_140540.jpg

Last edited:
Operation "Oprah" is begun, time for this thing (and me) to shed some weight.

20190406_182842.jpg

No Rocky that aint it, me and cut-off wheel have further plans.

Anyone have a 40 bezel laying around collecting dust?

Are you going to relocate the radiator so you can push your winch in further and have a better approach?

Sid - something tells me I'd need to buy the attachments just to get the bezel. :moon:

Until I link the front my approach will be hampered by the spring perch.

As for the bumper--long story short I've already rebuilt it. Basically I cut off everything except the winch mount and built a new shorter and tighter stinger. Suspect I dumped 50-75 pounds worth of unnecessary crap, was hoping for more but I'll take what i can get.

As a result of above think I'm gonna switch up the front grill and lighting just for the fun of it. Am hoping to integrate some round LED lights as headlights thus the desire for the 40 bezel.

Last edited:
More horsepower and don't worry about the weight.

How about a Jeep grill?:rofl:

I'd rather it in break in the driveway. Its a jeep thing, you would understand.

More horsepower and don't worry about the weight.

sure thing. farily certain my axles arent gonna survive the tires so might as well throw more ponies at it.

here ya go @FJCRAWLER . That cage lasted 3 years and 4 months, built late December 2015. More weight shed

just one of Oprah's asses removed.

20190426_201012.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom